Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digibox and Remote Control

• 22-04-2003 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Does the digibox and remote control work with one of those infra-red gadgets that you can use to control an apparatus from another room (I've forgotten what they are called)?

Do all the functions on the Sky remote work?

Why do I ask?, Yes I know about the second TV output but connecting this up this doesn't work for some reason with European televisions (I'm in Madrid), you get picture but no sound so I'm after a way of changing channel etc from upstairs while the box is downstairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they do. my cousin got one 3 weeks ago and it works a treat

edit: i am on about those remote signal senders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

It does not work because Euro Tv's use a variant of Pal with a different sound freq. You can use a videosender to get around this providing theres a scart on your second tv. This will carry remote channel change information also.

Hope this helps

Tony

Originally posted by sayireland
    Does the digibox and remote control work with one of those infra-red gadgets that you can use to control an apparatus from another room (I've forgotten what they are called)?

Do all the functions on the Sky remote work?

Why do I ask?, Yes I know about the second TV output but connecting this up this doesn't work for some reason with European televisions (I'm in Madrid), you get picture but no sound so I'm after a way of changing channel etc from upstairs while the box is downstairs.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

Thanks Tony/Mossy but I have a cable coming from the video which sent up the DVD, Via Digital and Sky signals going through the walls which was saving me the cost of the video sender.

There are some models of remote signal senders here which are a good bit cheaper and I was really only intereted in changing channels on the digibox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by sayireland
    Thanks Tony/Mossy but I have a cable coming from the video which sent up the DVD, Via Digital and Sky signals going through the walls which was saving me the cost of the video sender.

There are some models of remote signal senders here which are a good bit cheaper and I was really only intereted in changing channels on the digibox.

For changing channels only check out the powermid www.martek.nl

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

A lot of newer TV's allow you to change the audio setting in the Tuning menu. You would need to set it to I for Sky assuming you're given the choice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement