Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBB, IrishWISP technology used?

• 22-04-2003 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I think this is the most logical place to ask this. Are these guys both using 802.11b? What does the end user equipment look like?
    I called IBB some time ago, desperate for a broadband feed in the City Centre for a week. I asked if they would sign me up and I have my own WiFi card. He told me they don't use that technology. I was surprised as that is what most people seem to think.
    I haven't enquired about IrishWISP but I thought they did too?
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

IBB don't use 802.11b, they do use the same spectrum (2.4 gig), but they use higher end frequency hopping equipment aimed at the WISP market.

I believe IrishWISP use 802.11b.

Greg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks for the info Greg.

Advertisement