Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rantish

Options
  • 22-04-2003 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Not sure if its the right board but here go,s :)

I and a lot of people really want Broadband or should i say i did wanted broadband until lately,but im starting to have my douts.The reason being is that as far as i can see the net over the last year has gone to the dogs.Prime example who here has gone to get a simple file and had to run the gauntlet of ads bogus sites that claim to have said file but kick you to another site which really has this file .When you get to this site you find that hay guess what youve been here four times already sent by other sites who pretent to have the same file.The site that has the file then demands you join up so you do, then comes the kicker yes this is a free site to download stuff "BUT"your connection speed will be slower BULL**** the connection speed will be non existant i havent yet be able to download one thing even at a reduced speed.They suguest you sign up for a proper paying account where things will be much better.OOOOOO come on having effed about this much already do they really think im going to pay money to find out they are giving me even more BS.Thats one gripe Now number two you finaly find a site that has the file you dont need to sign up so you proceed to download WRONG being a 56k modem user like most people in Ireland i use DAP or some sort of download program coz even a 100mb file is going to take days so stopping and starting is a fact of life.But what do you find a notice that says please turn off any download programs your using as this will interfer with the download process.Bloody brilliant so the question is why have broadband at all maybe so i can be dumped from one site to another more quickly hardly seems worth it ?.Ok that said if i did have a decent connection i could probably download the file in a night but how do i know im not going to get hit by throttling ?.Anyway enough ranting im just a wee bit peeved at the state of the net and access to it right now grrrr :(

PS.If anyone knows of a site that lets you use DAP and you dont have to pay and also has Fusion pack v10 for CS please let me know.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

What are you trying to download?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

As above and below Mr.grimes :D
    Fusion pack v10 for CounterStrike

cheers for any help BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Missed that, you should put in some paragraphs! ;)
    Anyways, don't know about that file specifically, but you're better off in general downloading stuff via FTP rather than HTTP.
    Have you tried one of the file sharing programs? They all support resume and with the likes of Kazza, someone's bound to have the thing shared (I'm assuming the thing's free, I'm not encouraging this): :)

warezmonkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

2 minutes with google.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=FusionPack10Public.zip&meta=

300+Kb/sec fast enough? :)

<edit - This file is on fileplant too, so Im assuming its all perfectly legit etc etc>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Frank_Grimes that was my next move though ive used them before and didnt really like them much parnoid thats me :).

As for Snaga big slapps for U i was using google to search for that bloody file and didnt see that one at all :( two pigging days looking and you find it in two mins grrrrrrrrr.Rant aside thanks very much Snaga its bang on though its going to take 14 hours to download im on my way :D

Thanks again to the both of ya :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement