Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you get in on?

Options
  • 22-04-2003 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭

When you took the SAT, which portion of the test did you get in on? Or both? Or are you just wondering what the hell this CTYI thing is?

[edit]I really should have posted a poll, but meh. Me = verbal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Verbal solo m'self.

On a side note, I look like Bill Steer. Pwn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

The first year I took the SAT I got in on verbal alone (Jan 2001), the next year I qualified on both portions. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Both. Seems like a long time ago now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Verbal AND Maths. Oddly scored EXACTLY equal in both... I'm ... "special"... hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭:D mags :D

Just the verbal, and barely. I think I got just less than the minimum, but my score range covered it or something....I was 12 when I did it, in 2000.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

just the verbal. and i got the exact minimum score at 12. or something. it sufficed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I got in on maths only, and I was told that I got the lowest score in verbal for people that did ctyi that year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Maths first time, both the second time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Both, first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Hmmm... I think I was 10 under in the verbal but my maths score pulled it up and i was told in the letter that i could apply for both, anytime, the first and only time i took the test.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Both , and i got a scholarship :) (Measly 200 euro or was it 300 ?? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

Both, first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Maths only on my first try. This is however my last attempt as I am too old to do it again. I'll only be doing this the one year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

first time both.but by 100 more points on my language than maths. guess that shows where my strengths lie...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

Just verbal but I was sick on the day (No, I'm not making excuses).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hey everyone! I haven't been around the boards for ages!

I got in on both, but barely, on both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Got in by a few points on verbal but was under by a few on maths which confused me royally as my maths resoning is So much better eh well I got in what can you do, I only got 1 year cause i didn't find out in time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

wsup Quigley?
    i don't remember what i got. 760 in math?? yar. that's it.
    FREEDOM IN 1 MONTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

By far the language portion of the test.

I did some sort of streaming test in my school before that too, where I sailed through the verbal and logic sections ... logic being logical* and all that.

*Get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Just as a side question, how large is the margin that includes you in a particular test even if you failed it? Just that I was off maths by 30 points..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    Just as a side question, how large is the margin that includes you in a particular test even if you failed it? Just that I was off maths by 30 points..
    It seems to be up to who you ask. I've heard of people getting in when 20 points under, but some who have been 10 under, and not got in. Depends on who you ask. If I had to I'd ask Sean or Fergal :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Just a sidenote : Seán doesn't do any CTYI stuff anymore. (and I loathe the ninja smiley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

That's a ninja???

I mucked up in verbal by 50 points. I needed 650.

Also I went to some ceremony today to congradulate the newbies (myself included) on geting in. Pretty pointless.

Keep the little booklet. I now look back on mine and realise how many of them I know and just get insanely creeped out... erm... it's a good thing really. ~.~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

I looked back on the booklet a while ago and was able to do all of the maths but sfa of the verbal, which bith amused and perplexed me,
    Truth is the test is a load a bollox, loike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

:ninja:

I meant the little booklet from the whole entrance gathering thing for all people who passed their SAT and got in...

Advertisement