Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justice League V The X-men

Options
  • 23-04-2003 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps this should just be called DC comic V Marvel.

Have been watching Justice League on TG4 for a while now and am pretty impressed, but then WB cartoons always impress me.

So who would win in the fight for justice and all that? or just a fight to the death.

Justice League V X-men 6 votes

Justice League
    0% 0 votes
    X-men
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Hmmm....superman v the X-men alone would end in Sup's beating them all. I mean apart from an inexperienced Rogue touching him (don't know what way alien powers would work here) or prof X (again short of shutting down supe's brain he couldn't stop him) he alone would beat them all. But then you also have the rest of the justice league.

As far as the TV show goes I think Evolution is the best X-men cartoon to date. Great artwork and decent story lines. As for Justice league - again great artwork (I like the new DC animated style which started with the original Batman cartoon) though I would honestly be hard pressed to say which is better. Even though i'm more of a Marvel fan I still can't say that one's better than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I am not a huge fan of the Justice League cartoon. It doesn't come close to Batman: The Animated Series, which was a piece of cartoon legendary for good storylines and artwork and character development.
    If I was to list my favourite super-hero cartoons it would go

Batman: The Animated Series
    Batman: The New Adventures
    Batman Beyond
    X-Men
    X-Men Evolution
    Justice League
    Superman
    Spider-man

I much prefer the WB animation over Marvels, however since that wierd Spider-man cartoon set in some parrelel universe their artwork has been getting better with X-Men: Evolution looking quite amazing. Oh and those other Marvel cartoons like The Hulk, Spider-Woman and the other old ones are terrible, no wonder Marvel filed for Chapter 11 a couple of years ago with crap like that produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I didn't like the original X-Men cartoon. In all honesty the comic was better and it was an adaptation of the show!

Yeah the original batman cartoon was a breakthrough in cartoons from the comics genre. Definately goes down in history. I watch batman of the future atm but I will ALWAYS love the original batman series. It just had the total atmosphere of the time and the shading and 'drawn lighting'. Makes me cream to think of it.

I do like the new character styles Justice league and Evolution bring to cartoons, but nothing beats that batman style!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    As for Justice league - again great artwork (I like the new DC animated style which started with the original Batman cartoon) though I would honestly be hard pressed to say which is better. Even though i'm more of a Marvel fan I still can't say that one's better than the other.
    I don't personally think the animation in Justice League is as good as it was in the previous Batman series. It looks like they've cut a lot of corners, especially noticable whenever the camera pans, tracking an object in a space scene. And there's far to much use of computer graphics - but at least as not as much as the Spider-Man cartoon a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aonrach

it's debatable. personally, i choose X-Men (The original).

Justice League didn't exactly strike any chords with me but still not bad, though.. X-Men Evolution..? So horribly cheesey in parts...
    the animation is suberb (Such pretty characters... :) however, some parts are just.. meh.. O_o

but i agree that JL seems very rushed, or rather has that 'bare' feel to it's animation.. wether it's the colours or general depiction, i'm not so sure.. but i'll try and aqquire a taste for JL to broaden the ol horizons, nonetheless.. :P

i grew up watching X-Men, and i dunno why, but i preferred the more sombre and darker tone it held, compared to X-Men Evolution. :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I'll have to go for the X-Men if only because Marvel is much better than DC.

Apart from Kryptonite, there's a chance that Mr. Mxyzptlk will show up and throw a spanner in the works (worth a try!)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

The Authority would beat the living snot out of those two teams at the same time.

With their own skeletons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

x-men evolution gets better in the third season becomes more serious but at times can be annoying :D

JL is good but i would like to see some more episodes getting sick of repeats.

as to who would win, rogue would kick all their asses!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I voted JUSTICE LEAGUE..... I love that show!! (Still whenever its on i try and watch)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Oh come on, man, really? You resurrect a dull poll-based thread from 7 years ago and don't even make a Blackest Night joke while you're doing it?

You let me down. You let the forum down. But worst of all, you let DC the Justice League yourself down.

(On which note, I'm closing this thread for being ancient.)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement