Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmm

Options
  • 23-04-2003 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

Just had a crazy udea that something was wrong with my net connection as my pings were going crazy on bf1942 lately as
    before they were fineish for 56k

So iy put a firewall on my machine and apparently a firm called conxion in santa barabara california has been scanning my port using portscan for about 2 weeks.

Now what in the hell does that mean as 11 ports have been scanned

Kinda at a loss

SHIN

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

What ports are being scanned?
    They look to be some sort of ISP (just took a quick look at their site http://www.conxion.com)
    You could drop them a mail with the firewall logs included, probably just someone on the network downloaded the latest l33t AppZ from somewhere and is going to town with them :)
    The firewall's obviously doing it's job so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

The firewall picked it up and it blocked em so im not 2 worried

SHIN

Ill have a look at the logs and see which ones are being scanned

Advertisement