Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handheld to PC

Options
  • 23-04-2003 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Not sure which forum this should be in so feel free to move it to the most relevent!

The idea behind what im trying to do is give staff an ipaq, take customer orders and be able to send them wirelessly though the ipaq to another PC where orders are processed. The Ipaqs have wireless lan and bluetooth built in, Im just wondering can anybody advise me on software that i can put on the ipaq and the pc to send and receive text between them? Maybe setup some kind of internal email or something like Winpopup? There has to be two way communication if possible. Simple message of a couple of lines of text is all that has to be sent between them.

Im just gonna stick in a wireless access point for the ipaqs and PC to talk to each other Im just not sure about the software side of things.

I have no experiance in this particular area of IT so any suggestions would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Something web based would do the job, webserver on the pc (windows 2000, xp etc all come with a cut down version of IIS) Ipaq's fill out a webform and it's put into a (access) database, very straightforward.

Advertisement