Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Keane

• 23-04-2003 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Currently in top form for Spurs and on 14 Goals for the season.
    Its only 1 behind Owen, and joint 5th overall in the Premiership.

He's doing alot better than I thought he would.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

He seems to be developing as a player now. Something that wasn't happening at Leeds. It was a great move for him.

Hopefully he will do the business for Ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

I am a huge Spurs fan and at the start of the season there was a load of talk on the spurs forums about which striker(s) spurs were gonna sign. I am sure you all remeber the Morientes and Rivaldo links. Surprisingly they never turned out!!!

But i was always hopeful robbie would sign and when he did many spurs fanned were having a bit of a moan. But now he is a classic tottenham lad as many spurs fan know him and if he stays long enough he could he a huge player to remeber like chivvers or hoddle himself.

BTW, he has scored more goals in the premiership than Van Nistle. if you take the penalties away. So.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yea spurs was a great Move for him,Hopefully now he can now develop into a real consistent Goal Scorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

He's turning into a great player all right. His work rate is brilliant including his off the ball running. All he needs know is a bit of consistancy for club and country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I can see him being a european superstar by the time he's 26..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

He's a confidence player, he needs regular football.

I've been told by various people that he needs to be at a "better" club, but from his point of view I'm sure regular footy with Spurs beats on the bench at Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal/whoever at this moment in time.

And I'm a Spurs fan by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Not In the Leeds team from the start of the season, moves club, gets injured, father dies as hes getting back to match fitness!
    14 goals from open play is a great return IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 ChiGung

He has a great attitude. He's always hungry for the goal, always digging. A constant menace up front.

Infact he is comparable to Van Nis. in this respect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Still hasn't transferred the form to his international game though, partly I feel because he is rarely available for friendlies. 45 minutes of Crowe and Keane, and 45 minutes of Doherty and Keane would be ideal against Norway, but Keane will probably declare himself unavailable as the Premiership climax heats up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Horse

How long untill he breaks Niall Quinns record?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Horse
    How long untill he breaks Niall Quinns record?
    I reckon he could do it by the end of the Euro2004 finals (presuming we qualify and he stays fit, turns up for friendlies etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Presuming we qualify? Ouch, it'll be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

We can qualify, pending russia drop pts to georgia, and Ireland win all their home games,and perhaps a draw with the swiss away would do it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

fantastic player. im glad he signed for spurs.
    his two goals against west brom, his entire goal tally actually have been good, and his form and running
    in fact, as an overall player i think he is fantastic. but i think we need someone up there with him.
    i would love to see sergi rebrov playing up front with him.
    i think it would be a good partnership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

He's been great but he really needs to start scoring some crappy goals as well as good ones. When he scores a goal that bobbles in off his arse gets a couple of toe pokes in a match you'll know he's becoming a great player.

I reckon spurs really need to sign a big fella to go up beside him, keane would really thrive on knock downs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

He's been great but he really needs to start scoring some crappy goals as well as good ones. When he scores a goal that bobbles in off his arse gets a couple of toe pokes in a match you'll know he's becoming a great player.
    Can't really argue with that(I could but I won't).
    I reckon spurs really need to sign a big fella to go up beside him, keane would really thrive on knock downs.
    Yeah, how long does Teddy really have before Spurs let him go. Will they give him a yearly extension. If they don't its a lot of pressure on Keane cos he'd nearly definitely be #1 striker then.
    You're right though, he does need a good partner up front with him, same way Owen has had Heskey. Maybe Hoddle could consider putting Doherty in the position he plays for the Irish team?!

Advertisement