Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Sky Digital Website

• 23-04-2003 11:31am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if Sky intend on launching a website dedicated to their Irish subscribers/Potential Subscribers. With them having such a large customer base over here it would seem logical to have a website that provided more information than we are recieving at the moment. It's bloody frustrating actually not having up to date info easily accessible. There are so many questions we would like answered like the whole UTV/Channel 4 debate. Sky +, mirrored Subs etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

They have no plans at present, the FAQ on my site is the closest I think we are going to get to an Irish Sky site.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

does that not strike you as a bit amaturish? A company of their size and they can't even manage a site for a customer base of over 300,000. Headwrecking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Yeah it is a bit crazy alright.

Never mind about the 300,000 of us who want to find out the information, it would be helpful for the call centre staff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭timpat

It just reinforces the feeling of 'second class citizens'!!!!

Sky are in Ireland to maximise the cash they take from us while minimising the money they invest here. You have to admit they have been particularly successful so far!! - no website, subs and pay per view prices that are not adjusted when currency rates move in our favour etc etc etc. We are just a useful little add-on to their main market.

But bitterness aside, thank God they are here. A viable alternative to cable!!

Its one of those love-hate things!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Tell me about it, I've been fighting them for years over this and other issues.

Originally posted by LFCFan
    does that not strike you as a bit amaturish? A company of their size and they can't even manage a site for a customer base of over 300,000. Headwrecking!

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Does the .com in www.sky.com imply that it is an international website ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by johnnyq
    Does the .com in www.sky.com imply that it is an international website ?

Nope!

The COM domain extension is short for COMMERCIAL and is usually associated with (though not exclusively) commercial organisations, e.g. companies.

Mike

Advertisement