Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestion for a new Board

Options
  • 23-04-2003 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

If I may make a suggestion to the great admins of Boards.ie:)

A DVD board, where people can discuss the many topics / problems related to DVD authoring and related material (DVD+/-RW, DVD set tops, DVD authoring, DVD media, DVD formats etc...).

"Home entertainment" board touches on it, but I think the growth/popularity of DVD and its invasion of people homes, that now deservers its own board.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I think the home entertainment board and the film board is more than enough for the DVD format.

The technology board can also cover any threads on the new DVD-burning formats available.

Next people will be wanting CD, MD, Cassette, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, etc. boards under Music/Radio :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I want a forum for mr. freeze Ice lollies. Whos with me?

(400th post w00t)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Will I? ... Won't I?... Will I?... Won't I?...

Oh, feck it I will...

addtoast.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

there really should be toasters with radios built in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

True genius would be a Radio with a Toaster built in.

Theres already plenty of places to discuss your DVD's:

Films, Home Entertanimnet, Technology for media formats ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Oooh Mr. Freeze Ice lollys rock!

Did anyone else use to crunch them everywhere and make them liquid and then open them up and drink em down? Ahh those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

OMG, ... yes Gordon... I remember... and I did just that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

aye, always did that.

Mr.Freeze sekrit society tbh.

We could introduce kittencake flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by Mordeth
    there really should be toasters with radios built in...

Especially in car Radio Toasters, with automatic buttering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

next time I see one of those ads for"free inventors kit leaflets" on tv, I'm ringing up and building an automatic buttering car-radio/toaster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

I totally agree that there are a few places that touch on the DVD subject, Home entertainment (as I already mentioned) and film.

But, they only touch on it and none cover it in detail. Where would someone post about DVD authoring, Region free DVD set tops etc...

DVD has invaded the Home market like no media every before. Now with DVD+/-RW drives it has grown much bigger than just "Home entertainment".

Just a thought...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I point thee in the direction of the "Technology" board. The different aspects of DVDs belong in those seperate boards.

The difference between DVD films and DVD-R/RWs is quite big. For example there is no need for a boards for CD-R/RWs. Music happens to be stored on them, as well as games. Yet there is no single forum for CD-RWs and Music/Game/Video CDs.

I don't think the userbase would justify the forum :).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Gordon

Did anyone else use to crunch them everywhere and make them liquid and then open them up and drink em down? Ahh those were the days.

OMG, you didnt do it yourself did you? Round our way they sold em unfrozen...nyom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

For a while now (ever since they cleaned up the cs boards) I have been saying that there should be a flame/spam/troll board.
    Just like the old cs baord it was fun :D

Also on that subject the real genius would be to have a toaster with a built in Mr.Freeze Lolly the phyics of it are just staggering!:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by Dustaz
    OMG, you didnt do it yourself did you? Round our way they sold em unfrozen...nyom!
    Same here Dusty... cept they only sold them unfrozen about half the time for some reason. I used to go in and check if they were frozen - if they were i wouldnt buy em.

A

Originally posted by [-UK-]Wolf
    For a while now (ever since they cleaned up the cs boards) I have been saying that there should be a flame/spam/troll board.

Also on that subject the real genius would be to have a toaster with a built in Mr.Freeze Lolly the phyics of it are just staggering!

afaik, there was a Trolls board. But it may have been closed due to excessive trolling :rolleyes: .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Originally posted by [-UK-]Wolf

Also on that subject the real genius would be to have a toaster with a built in Mr.Freeze Lolly the phyics of it are just staggering!:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

WHAT THE HELL IS NINE NINJA SMILIES IN A ROW SUPPOSED TO SIGNIFY? All youve managed to achieve is make the page load slightlyyyy slower and suggest that either:
    • you have a cold forehead,
    • you cant sleep
    • You need to stop reading the Ninja thread

...sorry its been annoying me lately

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ahhh but if you crunch them up they're much colder .ie 0 degrees.....now thats nyom!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

indeed, however I lived in mortal fear of Mr Freeze paper-cuts from the razor sharp sides of those things!

How the **** did we get onto this from DVD forums... (which I think are superfluous btw... )

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Those Mr. Freezes were tricky fnckers to open! When they were melted and you yanked it open with your teeth they went everywhere :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Round our way the shops has fridges n stuff.

:)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

lol dustz, pwnd by kdjac...
    i love mr freeze lollies! but out the others of that ilk: captain quencher, percy porcupines which wer your favorite for me?
    go go captain quencher!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Round our way the shops has fridges n stuff.

:)

kdjac
    Yeah but in Dustaz's days fridges weren't invented yet :p

Yeah, back in those days each village would have a house sized block of the arctic dragged back by FIFTEEN currachs and the strongest lads in the village.
    They'd then have to put a large piece of tarp over the whole thing for the rest of the year to keep it out of the shade.

I read up on "Dustaz, Mytholgy and Folklore" a few months ago :) .

You know what reminds me of Mr. Freezes, those Muller Squeezers, Im eating a peach one right now....NYOM! .

Ohh and Dustaz, you need a fridge for these :)

Historical Note: Unhappy with his room tempature Mr. Freezes, a young Dustaz set about inventing the very first fridge, however the day before its unveiling poor little Dustaz, fell in and was frozen solid. He wasn't discovered and thawed out until 24-01-2000, ever since then he has been trying to re-adjust to a harsh new world by way of the 'interweb'.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by CuLT
    to keep it out of the shade.
    :rolleyes: :)

Couldnt allow that now could we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Originally posted by Gordon
    Oooh Mr. Freeze Ice lollys rock!

Was it just me or when u got a number 7 on the Mr.Freeze u got a free one? :) i did many a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

apparently so Ruu...but I'm not sure if twas a gimmick to boost sales :)

btw..what was yore fav flavor slash color?

blue,
    red,
    yellow,
    cola,

thats all I kin think of atm...

blue was / is mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

my fav was (and will) always be the blue and cola. :)

Advertisement