Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alf

• 23-04-2003 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Remember that tv sitcom in the late 80's about the furry Alien from the planet melmac who crash landed on earth and moved in with an american family. As I recall he had a taste for cats and had some great one liners.

Would love to see the series on tv again.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I would love to see that again too. Must be coming up to the time when it is due to be shown again on some channel but I haven't heard anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

i thought you might like this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Cool, Gordon Shumway (sp.?) rocks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

After doing a little research it seems they made a tv movie in the mid 90s tying up the loose ends left at the end of the final series - ie where Alf got caught by the alien task force. I doubt if it ever aired over here though.
    He does television ads in america for some telephone company now.

"Gimme 4" was another of his catchphrases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

ALF - alien life form
    Brilliant sitcom... I still have a jigsaw and an episode on VHS somewhere... remeber the opening sequence? ALF running around with a camcorder... a gimmick borrowed by Joss Whedon in BtVS this season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by corkviewer
    After doing a little research it seems they made a tv movie in the mid 90s tying up the loose ends left at the end of the final series - ie where Alf got caught by the alien task force. I doubt if it ever aired over here though.
    He does television ads in america for some telephone company now.

"Gimme 4" was another of his catchphrases.

It's called Project ALF, and it was being shown ad nauseum recently by Sky Movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

When I was younger I had a HUGE jigsaw of alf, it had about 1000 pieces. I completed it, and I cant remember where it went.

Might have a look for it sometime, if i find it ill be sure to post pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

It's Alf! And he's back!

In Pog form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

LOL,ah the Simpsons, always relevent;) . Yeah Alf was cool but what about Different Strokes?

"what you talkin' 'bout?"

"I've never seen a black goldfish before."
    Coleman's response: "Well maybe he's never seen a white man before."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Actually... I remember seeing the Alf film on RTE sometime years back...

Remember the cartoon spin-off of Alf where they remade fairy tales. But with Alf in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by smoke
    Yeah Alf was cool but what about Different Strokes?

Still being shown on Trouble on Sky Digital (channel 607).

Yeah that Alf film is always on one of the movie channels, I tried to watch it just because it was Alf, but I couldn't, because it's not very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Yep, different strokes is on all the time on that channel, I watch it occassionaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you have access to SAT 1 (and speak German of course) then you can enjoy ALF pretty much every day of the year!

You'll love this! -

http://www.geocities.com/alfwasmolested/alf.html

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

This thread makes me want to go down to the kitchen and make myself a BLT

A bacon, lucky and tomato sandwich.

I always thought it was Ralph Macchio that played the next door neighbour who knew about ALF but just checked it and I was wrong - holy **** Ralph Macchio was born in 1961 - the Karate Kid is 42 years old!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

Originally posted by corkviewer
    As I recall he had a taste for cats and had some great one liners.

Just like me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was watching Sky in my mates house during the week and the Alf move was on. Made in 1996 if i remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Actually,I saw that alf film only a few weeks back,and its pretty funny imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I was in America a while ago and one of the channels had an 80's month. Every night at 11 o'clock they showed Alf for an hour. It's as funny now and it was then, maybe even more so because you can get the jokes better as you're older. I've seen the movie one Christmas, not bad but the series is still much better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You gotta like the little guy..
    ..toe nail clippings..

..the one where he is told to keep away from the paint when the father was answering the phone ... you hear an Ahhhhhh! and see ALF flying through the air..

and the time he hacked into the TAM ratings to get the polka show on full time and trashing the career of an executive en route and at the end of the episode the in joke of ringing yer mn up and suggesting he do an ALF like show..

"her eyes were as blue as a cockroach"

• Advertisement
Advertisement