Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

His Rightful Place???

Options
  • 23-04-2003 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Roy Keane, Michael Owen and Gary McAllister are standing before God at the throne of Heaven. God looks and them and says; "before granting you a place at my side, I must first ask you
    what you believe in."

Addressing Gary Mc first he asks, "what do you believe?"

Gary looks God in the eye and states passionately, "I believe football to be the food of life. Nothing else brings such unbridled joy to so many people from the slums of Rio to the bright lights of Barcalona. I have devoted my life to bring such joy to people who stood on the terraces supporting their club ." God looks up and offers Gary the seat to his left.

He then turns to Michael Owen, "and you, Mike, what so you believe?"

Mike stands tall and proud, "I believe courage, honour and passion are the fundamentals to life and I've spent my whole playing career providing a living embodiment of these traits." God, moved by the passion of the speech offers Mike the seat to his right.

Finally, he turns to Roy Keane, "and you, Mr Keane, what do you believe?"
    "I believe", says Keane, "you're sitting in my seat."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Posted about 3 times in the last 2 months involving various characters. Still not bad though!!

Advertisement