Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X axis on mouse keeps going

Options
  • 23-04-2003 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

This is really annoying. My mouse keeps going wonky and only moves in the Y axis i.e. up and down the screen. Anyone any idea why this might be happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

hmm I assume you've cleaned it?

Is it an optical or ball mouse

If its a ball mouse open it up and get all the dust and crap off the rollers and check that there's nothing lodged in the sensor on the X axis roller

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I changed mous and its grand. Ball mouse. I clean it regularly. I've condemned it as fúcked, its old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

The third wheel (the one with the spring on it) is supposed to keep the ball pushed up against the wheels for the X and Y positions; it's likely that your mouse ball has worn down enough that it's now too small to reach one of the wheels, even with the help of the "third wheel".

HTH,
    Gadget

Advertisement