Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario Kart [CUBE] Screenshots - drool!!

Options
  • 23-04-2003 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

oh yeah !!

mk1.jpg
    mk2.jpg
    mk3.jpg
    mk4.jpg
    mk5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Looks like there's a bit of chariot-like racing going on. There's two characters on each kart.

Look at the bottom part of the last picture - you can see Mario about to pull a Road Warrior on some Koopas! ;)

Of course, the extra character could be there for Colin McCray-like reasons...

"Left...sharp left at 40...straight at 55...another left at 35...straight at 80 over the lava river...keep right...mind the Chomps..."

Backgrounds look a bit bland though. Where'd you get these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

:eek:

Nice ..very nice!! graphics look bright and solid!! if its anthing like the original it will be a must have!! lets hope it plays as good as it looks!!

another game to add to the list!! Any release date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

After ninty keeping it so udner wraps its nice to see them giving us something to dribble over :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

looks ace

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

A must have game !!! ;) looks great !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i got them there pics from spong i presume ninty released them today,

i love the way each character now has their own style vehicle,

and my fav. character donkey kongs looks tres cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

looks great - and this game will be the reason i buy a cube. I heard its possible they will bring out 8 player mode using 2 Cubes and 2 copies of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

how about a 32 / 64 online option thats hinted,

thats what im talking about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

Sweeet jesus that looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

damnit, now I have to save up enough money to buy a gamecube, zelda and mariokart :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I know what i'm getting next week before it comes out. Another 2 joypads!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TommyUnderwear

Yeah, 4 player split screen is gonna be a must have. 4 joypads are a must. I can see some amzing games after a drinking session. And yeah, 8 players over a LAN is gonna be a definite - so Nintendo say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yeah it looks fairly cool alright. I rememebr the countless hours of fun i had with the original! Might have to get a game cube just for that game!

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

That's all well & good, particuly the 8 player LAN bit. But I almost cried when I seen these...
    http://www.gamers.com/game/1340454/media

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Star wars is all well and good but nothing beats a session of 4 player mazza kart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

dont know about that, a 4 player rogue squadron might
    goddam those games look sweet. i love my gamecube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

At last a reason to go online with the gamecube beyond an old Dreamcast game. Mmmmm, online broadband Mario Kart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Liver-Lips

Man THose pics of rougue leader III look absolutely amazing. it has to be said that factor 5 are pretty much the only company who know the cube almost as well as nintendo. technical genii.

never seen graphics like that before... and funny enough thats what i thought when i first layed my eyes on rougue squadron 2.
    And mario kart! wow.
    its thought that nintendo will be revealing their new LAN technology at E3. Wireless LAN between any amount of cubes within a certain area.
    that means you could play multiplayer with someone living next door free of those damn online charges. beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by Liver-Lips
    . Wireless LAN between any amount of cubes within a certain area.
    that means you could play multiplayer with someone living next door free of those damn online charges. beautiful!
    That just sounds too good to be true surely? Have to say though, an 8 player game of mario kart wud b class:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Yeah I'd have to say that will probably be a limit to the amount of cubes to be LANified together. Sure Nintendo's official line was 8 player, meaning two tv's & two cubes. But if any company can take advantage of this, its Factor 5. As far as I'm concerned them & Retro Studios are the new Rare. Nintendo work closely (coz they part own the company's, like they did with Rare) with them so they now the hardware better than most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement