Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XP LAPTOP problem

Options
  • 23-04-2003 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

recently imstalled xp on my laptop and bought a new battery for the laptop since the laptop is nearly dyears lod adn the battery was not charging, but when i try to turn on the laptop without AC power the laptop frezes at the point where the in the XP logo comes up and a blue bar flahses below, it's not a time thing because when i shut down the laptop and restart and it says wich would you like sfae mode or norma mode and count-downs from 30sec without freing! and well basically i was wondering if anybody knew what my problem may be ive never had a problem ebfore starting up on battery, ah yeah and if i have the apdapter pluged in and wait till the blue bar flashes past the point where it stalls then pull out the power it logs on fine. hope i explained this well enough! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

At a glance sounds like it's the laptops ability to charge the batterys has failed since you seem to have the problem with the old and new battery.

Only way to be sure is if someone you know has the same unit and can give you a fully charged battery to see if all is well.

Def sounds like it's shutting itself down due lack of power though :(

Hope you can get it fixed.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gringo

no the battery chargers fine, it freezes up doesn't try to shut down or anything just sits there inactive stuck at the same spot, the battery was straight out of a sealed box so its not that and i can poll the adapter out after the bar flashes past that spot and then it carries on fine its just the initial start up part

Advertisement