Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Sites to help me in Applied Maths?

Options
  • 23-04-2003 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any sites which could help me on applied maths. I searched everywhere and can't find one. Please help.

Comments

http://www.irlgov.ie/educ/

This site has the solutions to the papers going back to 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Thanks very much Jabba but I am really looking for a walkthrough of he paper and notes. Any more sites?

Are all the questions on the same topic every year, like maths? What are the easiest questions? Is there a full question on vectors?

Hope you can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hehe, no there isnt a full question on vectors, but its deeply involved in all the sections.

If you do honours maths you will probably find Q10 the easiest as its just a bit of intergration.
    I find Q1, Q4, Q5 the next easiest, and then its just on the day what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Q10 is the easiest
    Q5 projectiles is easy and so is Q5 collisions

I think Q2 is a bitch for some reason,
    I also hate the statics question

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Its very hard to find books on Applied Maths, let alone websites.

Sowwy.

}:>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If you have the Applied Maths book written by Oliver Murphy could you please tell me which chapters should I study for each question in the Leaving Cert (Higher and Ordinary).
    For Example: Q.1 - Ch.2 ( Ordinary) Ch.? (Higher)
    Q.2 - Ch.? .......and so on.

Hope you can help

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

well i was just lookin at this the other day, and this is how i've figured the questions i plan to do relate to chapters in oliver murphy's book

Exam Q# Chapter
    1 2-Accelerated linear motion
    2 4-Realtive velocity
    3 3-projectiles
    4 4-Newtons laws and connected particles
    5 7-impacts and collisions
    6 12-SHM
    9 9-hydrostatics
    10 11-differential equations

Hmmm- leaving cert in a couple of weeks-I really should start covering much more of the course :rolleyes: but good luck with it anyway.

spaczed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭geo

i kinda like Q2 my self once u get ur head around it most of the questions aint too bad and usualy dont take all the time u have for it... altho rest of em r a bitch imo i duno how my bro got an A1 in it :(

Advertisement