Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card

• 23-04-2003 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Im aware this isnt the right place to post this but id say it will get more responce here , feel free to move it though- looking to spend 150 - 200 yoyos on a new graphics card, what would yea recomend ? GF 4 or FX etc ?

danke for any help !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I would advise you to wait as there will be new batches of gfx cards coming out soon, or that have been just released. Try wait until you get a "Doom III" quality one, so you will be up to date for a little while :>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Amp or Shinji, move it to tech.
    Better chance of a response.
    Or you could delete this thread Tusky, and read some of the threads in Tech already which are dealing with this same topic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

If youre looking to upgrade your card, im with Giblet - wait for the new ones. The FX is pants, although a decent GeForce 4 will do you for ages yet if youre not looking for the very top of the range.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I would suggest that you purchase a very reasonably priced GeForce 4 Ti4800 from me.

However, beyond that, I haven't a notion - I only really follow the cutting edge ones because that's where the tech is interesting. GeForce FX is rubbish for now, Radeon 9800 is the card to own.

Moving this to tech as Syxpak suggested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

what graphics card are ya currently running? What are your other system specs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

you selling one shinji ? if so pm me as im interoosted ! think ill just end up geting a medium priced g-force....as for your question tact - ive athlon 1.8 only 256 ram and my current card is g-f 2 64 mb mx :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭kmb

your only answer:
    The awesome 3D Blaster 4 Titanium 4600 opens a new era in extreme gaming
    BROWN BOX, WITH THE GRAPHIC CARD AND A DRIVER CD - REFURB PRODUCTS ARE SHIPPED WITHOUT ANY GAMES

MORE INFORMATION €164.46 EX VAT €199.00 INC VAT
    Buy Now
    http://ie.europe.creative.com/estore/category.asp?cate=32 have fun!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,645 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kmb, looks like a good deal, esp a TI4400 for €149 incl vat and free shipping :-)

Thanks for the link m8, unfortunately not in the market for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Just picked up the Radeon 9700...Black Hawk Down, Freelancer, C&C Generals, everything runs super smooth in max detail and resolution...it's excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Absolam
    Just picked up the Radeon 9700...Black Hawk Down, Freelancer, C&C Generals, everything runs super smooth in max detail and resolution...it's excellent!

I have the same Absolam. The FPS I get on battlefield 1942 on everything set to high is flippin amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

go to www.overclockers.co.uk and look at their graphics cards
    very reasonable prices

Advertisement