Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my line will not take Braodband??

Options
  • 23-04-2003 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I'm furious!

2 of my neighbours are connected to Esat BT braodband. Eircom have told me that my line will not take braodband, its not because I'm too far from the exchange its cause the quality of my line will just not be good enough. Now my 2 neighbours got there phone lines installed at the same time we did (newish houses - 1996).

Whats the craic? I live in Galway by the way.

(Eircom have told me that they have seen cases where a few ppl in a building can get braodband where as another connection in the same building can be Fcuked)

Is there anyway around it? Eircom told me if I get a new phone the problem may be the same (WTF)!

I'd appreciate any help/info/sympathy :ninja:

Comments

{whispers} disconnect line at both ends and soak in water, allowing as much water as possible to flow down the line stretch line as much as possible, but don't leave evidence, so as to make it obvious that you did this, then when your line is crackling like mad and the junction boxes are also damp call in a fault. When the engineer comes out, slip him a €50 tip and he should replace everything and your line should pass
    {end whispers}
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

LOL

Any other helpful advice out there? Man, if I replace everything (which eircom won't do, for reasons I don't know why) it may still not work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Complain comlain complain

So far ive sent out e-mails to all the government ministers, comreg and an e-mail to TV3 plus my own county council as regards why i cant get BB

All have said theyll look into it for me and so far theyve kept there word, dont take eircom at face value, you need to get a bit of muscle behind you

Thats my 2 cents

SHIN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

shinzon,

I will complain, do u have the same probby as me? are u in range of the exchange?

comreg ? who are they?

I've drafted my letter, I think letters pack a better punch!

I'm also gonna take a gamble and put in another line (€120) and hope to god that works! I really really want braodband !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

My line which has ADSL now can be noisey at times it's an old line I didn't think it would pass TBH so before they tested the line I disconnected all the house phones and wiring and put one socket right onto the eircom cable from the pole and into that I plugged 1 good quality phone. I'm sure it helped as if you have alot of extensions and dodgy wiring around your house it will reduce the chances of your line passing.

Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I was told by €ircon that I couldn't get BB (exchange was fine - line wasn't) last week. Rang them again a few days later and used a few white lies saying that i had been told months back that I could get it and lo & behold I can!
    The following day they gave me my passwords so i assume there is no going back by them

Advertisement