Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what Proxy software to Use

Options
  • 23-04-2003 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Ok this is my problem I have 4 PC at home all networked all differnt OS

Win Xp PRo
    Win98
    Win NT Wks
    W2K

Id like to use a program to share out the internet and e-mail access using some form of Proxy service running from the name Pc

I have Analog X proxy setup this is working fine but I cant get e-mail access on the client PC

has anyone got any ideas on what program I should use?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Give Proxy+ or Wingate a try. You'll need to purchase if you go over a certain number of machines. At the moment I'm using Proxy+ the share the internet and as a mail server for Outlook express on the other PC's on the network. It can be tricky to set up but it runs like a dream now:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Is the machine with the net connection running W2k or XP coz you could jsut use the built connection sharing and forget the proxy.

Proxys are generally only handy if you want to cache websites to speed up your connection or you have security reasons for em...

Advertisement