Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VFD Displays

Options
  • 23-04-2003 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭

I know this has come up before but haven't heard much lately. Where are these availible in Dublin now and how much are we talkin? I'm looking for a 5.25 inch insert with serial connection if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I havent seen them in dublin, i had to order mine from england.
    Got it like this
    Then i got a 5.25 inch floppy drive bay and it fitted after a bit of adjustments. The site is http://www.noritake.com
    Otherwise www.matrixorbital.com might be a better solution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Thanks PPC. I had a look at MatrixOrbital and while good they are quite pricey. Thinking of going for a diy job like yourself. What did you pay for the vfd. Farnell have some on their web site but they are still expensive. Might see if I can source one in the States?

I paid €120 for mine, it was premade as i blew up the two i got form farnell.
    The ones from farnell are also alphanumeric.
    If ya want to know about getting on of them email Cheese from bit-tech cheesiebit@hotmail.com or talk to him on msn. He's a lcd/vfd god.

Thats great PPC. Was only doing a diy job to save a bit of cash but at €120 thats not too bad. Thanks again for the info.

Yeah i thought so to till i blew up the 2
    Cost me about 70 for the non made one without cables.
    Atleast with the other one ya get a cable and a filter.
    Forgot about this aswell
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?threadid=12398
    twas the most viewed thread on bit-tech iirc.

• Advertisement

Wow thats some thread! I think all my questions are answered there. Off to buy a vfd now :cool:

Advertisement