Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip disconnecting problems

Options
  • 23-04-2003 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having lots of disconnects lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

i've being using it alot for the past 2 months - no disconnection problems (200hours 2 disconnects without reason).
    they have a short timeout (15mins?) if you don't show any traffic.
    maybe thats you're problem?

ps did you get your sig from the 'good friday no drink' threads?

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

The connection seem to struggle a bit, hang, then drops.
    Only happens on UTVip!!

As for the Sig, it's just something I realised one night in Terenure

What's all that about beer / Good Friday, what topic is it under?

i do remember as a string of errors in my log files a about a week back but nothing since.

oh - yes - look in the support section of the utv newsfeeed there is a thread there discussing the disconnects some have been experiencing - you need to be connected to utvip to access the feed though.

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks Tribble, how / where do I access the newsfeed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

I've only been experiancing dropped connection on my Powerbook, although on my PC often the connection will only connect at 33k.

• Advertisement

i'll check when i get home - i think the news server is at news.u.tv.

the little program you dwonloaded when you got utvip will have setup outlook express (if you have it) automatically. just load it up and look at the bottom left panel for the news.

tribble

Advertisement