Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hansol 15" LCD H520

• 23-04-2003 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

I was looking at this weeks specials on Komplett and this monitor caught my eye.

I know next to nothing about TFT displays, and would like some feedback from others with this monitor if possible. I searched google for reviews but found nothing.

Thanks for any and all help.

If it helps, the monitor would be used for a computer that plays alot of games and DVDs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I just received mine yesterday.

I orignally though it had a 25ms response time (almost 100% sure it said that on the komplett site on monday!) but on tuesday after I ordered it, it was marked as 35ms response time which according to the manual it is.

Ok onto the good/bad bits.

o wow its light, 3.8kg, very easily liftable.

o It looks the absolute business. nice silver/black.

o DVD's : I played some actiony DVD's, battle scenes from the man in the iron mask and I noticed no problems at all.

o I played CS and Battlefield 1942. I noticed a bit of ghosting when moving around quickly, not as bad as some of the tft monitors Ive seen in some web cafes around dublin(admittedly over a year ago). Its only really noticeable as a slight blurring of far away distances.

That said I used to play cs a lot and I found it perfectly acceptable, but Im no pro gamer :)

Battlefield 1942, my tests were a bit screwed up as I had just removed my geforce 3 and was stuck with a geforce 4mx which is a bit pants, so my fps wasnt great. I also had to run it at a lower resolution (its native res is 1024/768) so I could notice some little differences between it and my 19inch crt. But I was trying hard to find them :)

o Its very bright, so nothing to complain about there, the stand it comes with provides a small amount of forward tilt and a nice 31 degrees of back tilt which is more than enough. The stand is also very small (but very stable) so it takes up very little room.

o The viewing angle seems quite good, obviously looking at it straight on gives you the best view, Im not a tft guru nor have I any other tft screens/laptops to compare it to.

So in short - for its price im very happy with it, if you can afford the extra for one with a 25ms response time, get one, it should remove the little ghosting I noticed when playing high speed fps's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

id stick with crt if i was ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Thanks very much for that review Snaga, might just pick it up (its just so cheap :D )

Advertisement