Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interent Cache

Options
  • 23-04-2003 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

I have 3 PC's on a LAN one XP(Internet Gateway) and the other two are win98se. THe Xp machine is always needed when using the net. Cache has more in it, etc. I want to improve internet use for the other machines. Can I copy the cache on a xp machine straight to a 98 machine. Could I get all machines to use the one internet cache?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Could I get all machines to use the one internet cache?

Yup, assuming you are using MSIE go to tools>internet options and you'll see the option to move the temporary internet files folder.
    As for performance I really don't think the cache is all that usefull, but that's just my personal taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Install some proxy software, it'll do the same thing and there'd be less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Don't know anything about proxy's. Whats a good proxy program?

Does WinXP Store temporary internet files the same way that Win98se does?

Internet Cache is handy where you visit a web page regularly.

Advertisement