Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reactivating bbc cards

• 23-04-2003 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭

I found out an easy way to reactivate BBC cards all you have to do is disconnect the box from the mains and hold down the backup button on the front panel of the box and plug back in the mains and keep the backup button pressed until all of the light on the front of the box come on. It will stay like that for ten minutes and then go in to standby. Now it should have all the beebs and ftv channels.
    Worked for me hope it works for you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by colin300
    I found out an easy way to reactivate BBC cards all you have to do is disconnect the box from the mains and hold down the backup button on the front panel of the box and plug back in the mains and keep the backup button pressed until all of the light on the front of the box come on. It will stay like that for ten minutes and then go in to standby. Now it should have all the beebs and ftv channels.
    Worked for me hope it works for you.

Sorry, for clarity sake

1. You disconnect the box from mains. At what stage do you press the backup button before you disconnect or after??

2. you reconnect and keep the backup button pressed till all the lights come on and after ten mins it will go into standby, correct?

Its the first part of your statement I find a bit unclear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

He's crystal to me... Plug out the box from the mains, hold the backup button on the box, then plug back in the mains. And wait until the lights are lit up before releasing the backup button.

I havent tried this method before with the FTV card in, though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

yes DMC is absolutley right in what he is saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Just tried this now and it didn't work for me. Oh well, I'll just have to leave the card in the box until it comes back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 skydigiman

What you guys are doing is only a software upgrade it does notting to the card and wont do anything to the digibox unless it needs it , current epg software is 3.1a.5

Current cards wont work on any other software , it will read there is problem with your viewing card etc... something to look at if your having problems with replacment cards as some digiboxs dont upgrade due to a fault in the box .

I would say it was just a fluke that Colins card worked and under what conditions , was it a ftv card that deactivated due to lack of use or is he saying he's using a new type card with an old ftv card ?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skydigitalcards/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

I tried it tonight with my FTV card that has not been used in a month or so. When the box started up again I had ITV back instantly, but none of the others yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I tried it on 4 boxes with ftv and it worked but I think I was wrong in my first post I believe now that it puts them up near the top of the update list cause at about 6pm to 7pm or 12pm to 1pm when the epg is updated they come on only after doing it. They are old version cards old subscription boxes. I doubt a fluke happened 4 times. Post if works for you John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Have not used a certain digibox for three weeks(FTV). Plugged in today and can only get ITV and C5. Will try as is suggested in this thread. The message I get on the BBC'S at present is "TO GET upgraded to BBC contact number such and such.If this doesn't work is there hope that the BBC channels will return???

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

You could well be on to something Colin.

When I put my FTV card in yesterday, all channels were working except channel 5 which was giving me the 'upgrade your subscription to view this channel' message.

I did the forced update but it didn't have any effect so I just left the card in the box. I turned the T.V back on about an hour later (7.30pm) and 5 was back on again. So I can't say for sure if it just reactivated itself or if the software update did the trick.

All my channels (except C4) have now returned without doing any upgrade. Does anyone know if there is a time limit that if you don't use a FTV card it will permanently deactivate. (excluding of course if the card is switched off by Sky)?? Reason I want to know is that I have a spare box/ new card (Welsh version)which I keep in case my Grundig needs a repair sometime. This box is not set up so I can't test the card without connecting it etc..(hassle)

Thanks

• Advertisement

Lads ,would appreciate some response on this issue.
    Thanks

"All my channels have now returned without doing any upgrade. Does anyone know if there is a time limit that if you don't use a FTV card it will permanently deactivate. (excluding of course if the card is switched off by Sky)?? Reason I want to know is that I have a spare box/ new card (Welsh version)which I keep in case my Grundig needs a repair sometime. This box is not set up so I can't test the card without connecting it etc..(hassle)"

Thanks

Advertisement