Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borthwest Dublin: Stone Age Internet

Options
  • 24-04-2003 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

I cannot beleive that on moving to an affluent suburb of Dublin such as Castleknock, that I cannot get DSL from any provider. Though seemingly not a distance issue, I cannot get the service as of this week when line tests proved "something was wrong".

So, any ideas on wireless or satelite that will not break the bank?

Cheers,

LD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 romi

Did you try Leap,my brother lives in Cabra and would be able to get Leap Broadband,unfortunately for him though,he is stuck with a year contract with eircom.I'm with Leap two weeks now and the speeds are great and consistant and plus there is no cap,unlike eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Cheers for that, despite the misspelling in the title!

LD

Have spoken to Leap, a quick response and no nonsense description of what is involved.

Basically if there is line of site to Three Rock, then I can have it. A high gain antenna is required with an extra cost, but then again, so what.

Sounds good.

Cheers for the pointer,

LD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I heard IBB are planning one in Blanch or castle knock.. can you not get ADSL there?

Well you could try www.irishwan.org there are some with wan's in castleknock that may provide adsl sharing.

Thanks Saruman.

Have heard of Irish WAN, but didn't know much about it.

The Castleknock exchange can handle DSL, but for some unknown reason the copper comng into the house will not suport DSL.

Cheers,

LD

• Advertisement
Advertisement