Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painkeep

Options
  • 24-04-2003 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Anyone playing this ?
    I've grown kind of fond of it as of late and have started a server on games2 on the default port for those that care.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

even heard of it. Ill just wait to get the normal osp server :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Rev in fairness all we want is normal osp q3. I think i speak for the masses maybe it should be a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

then we have a problem cos all I want is a painkeep server :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Great craic, if you can find people to play with. ;)

The original Quake's PK was well better tho.

"*Snap!* ****ING BEAR TRAPS"

Theze youngsters and their osp, you need to expand your horizons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

thats true to an extent....
    but the basic gametypes (duel, tdm, ctf etc.) can be played in a variety of different ways and the more you play them the more you see in them (i find)

anyway, rap is right ... that painkeep server will be empty :/

edit:
    bleh, that sounds ungrateful... its great that someone is willing to setup ANY type of quake server

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

cmon rev theres about 20 active q3 players in ireland and none of them are gonna play some mod they dont give two ****s about. That server your so generously giving to q3 could be put to better use. Such as hmmm, give me a second here hmmm OSP! :)

Well I tried it and decided I didnt like it so its now a rocket arena server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

From what I've seen, everybody(myself included) licked your arse so you'd keep up an OSP server. It went down, and it didn't go back up. There would be another 4-5 players around if the OSP server hadn't gone for as long as it did when it did.

Now, ages later, do you expect the same q3 players to play painkeep and rocketarena with you and be grateful for the opportunity to do so? Anyway, the bots work with painkeep - for good reason, even the guys making it knew it wasn't worth playing.

What's your problem with OSP? It has newbie friendly Clanarena (rocketarena) Freezetag, ctf, tdm, duel etc. It has better features than any other mod, and it is safer from cheats. I've never seen you on one of the OSP servers 'expanding horizons' whereas you think the q3 players need theirs expanded by playing some crappy mod with you. It's 'great' that your setting up a server but it's purely for your own amusement so I'm not gonna feign gratitude for that. I really would be grateful for an OSP server though. I'd even send you money. (not a whole lot)

I tried being nice and decided i didn't like it
    All very tongue in cheek? oh yesss. smiley smiley. LOL ROFL.

also lads you can host playable listen duel servers on your own ISDN's. Just run a q3 server on your own pc and give your ip with :27960 attatched to the lad you want to duel, connect using console and paste. One of you gets lan aim, and the other guy's ping is better than BY. tdm ctf etc, isn't going to work.

PEACE OUT N8Z
    fite teh poweru:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92991

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Hello Mr.Rev, I am bob from Stab City. I have given up stabbing people because it no longer gives me an erection. Instead I have had to resort to quake 3 arena osp servers. To get the wood. I often go to bed at night and think about all the young guys i play against, especially the ones like dan and vin who can actually frag meh. Please put OSP on again because nothing else gives me the hard on approach i need to succeed in daily life.

• Advertisement

whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Dan, Im mega surprised at your ungreatfull post and your ****e attitude.

Rev put that server up for us Q3 players, we talked the other day about it and he just lashed up a server with a mod, basicly, because it was for a change and not to p1ss off people. He doesnt have to host/run/put up jack **** servers if he doesnt feel like. Sure, the cpu power and the bandwidth alone could be used for another 4-5 games for people who might just appreciate it.

But thats the kinda crap that makes people like him (and me for that matter), not bother putting anything up.

Sure.. osp would probably went back up anyway given a proper discussing and not a flaming. Ever wonder why anyone bothers doing anything anymore for irish quake ?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

eric, hes not being ungrateful. hes just sayin what we are all thinkin. None of the irish players play ra3 or paincrap or wotever its called. so i dont see the point of even having one up if no one is gonna use it. if it was osp it would be used. so in my mind i just see ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Originally posted by saik

I tried being nice and decided i didn't like it
    All very tongue in cheek? oh yesss. smiley smiley. LOL ROFL.

Thats not very nice now in fairness. Seriously, the right way to get things done is just simply ask Rev and explain to him that OSP is teh only man for the Irish scene

Painkeep was picked cos someone asked if I would put it up. Simple as that. RA3 went up after that cos mindphuck and I thought that, god forbid you might like it. understand this I don’t play Q3, don’t even own it, I'd borrowed nogs copy. So really I couldn’t give two sh1tes as to no one wanting to play it with me. Because I never saw myself playing it anyway.

As for OSP it was on vishnu and all we got is moan moan moan vishnu is to slow its cráp etc, so what do I do move it cloud after we upgraded the box and give u guys it the bigger of the two boxes, and then its moan moan moan no its crap vishnu's better, put it on vishnu. When vishnu returns you'll have your server back to b1tch and moan and generally sit on your ar$es and do nothing and complain how Irish quake is dead etc. Well in my opinion if you guys are representative of it, then it deserves a bullet in the head.

I'll put OSP on until vishnu's back or I find its interfering with one of the other games running in which case I'll kill it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

eric i know he doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to.

Rev was saying earlier that he put up the server cos he liked pankeep. then said changed to ra3 cos he didn't like PK. This is after i had been told that there was no room for a q3 server so many times. i had been onto him myself and through other people about getting a server back up. vishnu died, no room, no can do. Reasoned (polite) discussion was going nowhere, there was no room for q3, fair enough. so i gave up. The lads can vouch that i tried the nice way and that it didn't work.

so when the pk server went up, something smelled bad. there was room after all. nobody i know gives two ****s about painkeep or ra3, so i reckoned i'd only a bit of face and a painkeep server to lose by tearing into him. as a result, it looks like there's an osp server going up. i'm very grateful for that, thank you rev, i'm really sorry for being such a bollocks to you.

but if i had sat on my arse and said nothing or begged politely for an OSP server, i was absolutely certain we would be looking at an empty painkeep server. which is why i said what i said.

and please nobody moan about the OSP server.

Advertisement