Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java 2 Test

Options
  • 24-04-2003 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done the Java 2 test and if so how did you find it. studying to do it at the moment and want to know if it is difficult, can i just study an exam cram book and be able to pass or will i have to spend hours trying example code? i can write in java but am not that good and need to take the exam in the month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well this was the perfect time to come to us. The only way to pass a programming exam is sit down and practice. Cramming can never work for a programming exam.

But it doesn't take hours. Best thing is to get a book with code exercises in it, and do them. There are books that give you sample code, and an accompanying disk with the code pre-written, but write out the code anyway. Make sure you understand what each line is doing, as opposed to just knowing what the entire program does.

You have a month. Plenty of time. Even 30 mins practice a day, and you'll easily ace any exam.

http://java.sun.com has fantastic tutorials, but no exercises, so I recommend searching around for some of them too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

I have been hearing rumors that for the questions that require more than one answer they tell you the number of correct answers, is this right or is it that they just put down "chose all that apply"?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I dunno. Depends on what test you're doing. Is it part of a college course or school course, or a Java 2 certification exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

the sun java 2 certified exam

Advertisement