Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glenn Roeder to Trevor Brooking

• 24-04-2003 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

If you haven't heard yet, Trevor Brooking's been assigned as temp manager for W.Ham.

Personally I think he's been out of it too long and its pure nostalgia that gave him the hot spot.

West Ham definitely to go down now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Its a very strange decision imo. I would have given it to somone in their coaching staff. I dont think Brooking has ever managed a team before, has he? Feel free to correct me on that one.

I reckon West Ham need something close to a miracle to avoid the drop now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

You're right. He joined the BBC team in '84, two years after retiring and has never looked back since.

It's definitely one for the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I think the reason they gave for appointing Brooking is so the back room staff and coaching staff won't have to deal with a break in continuity at such a tough time. Changing positions amoung the back room staff had to be avoided for this to happen.

Well thats what they said anyway.

West Ham sort of have to win the rest of their game to stay up and I can't see them beating Chelsea (although if they did us Kop fans would be mighty happy campers:p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One down, two to go...I'd like to see them do the impossible and for Leeds to crash and burn...that'll teach 'em ;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Personally I hope West Ham go down. Can't stand teams that are 'too good to be relegated'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Fair play to Brooking and West Ham! They got a really got result away to Man City over the weekend. Its still hard to see them staying up though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'd say Leeds are concerned now. They just cannot pull away from the fight. Now only 3 points above West Ham, and playing an Arsenal team that will probably be 8 points behind United with 2 games in hand next Sunday. If West Ham win on Saturday they will more then likely be on the same points by the end of the weekend. So much is going to be decided on the final day of this season. Probaably the Championship, Champions league places, with a play off between the Pool and Chelsea, probably for the last place, UEFA cup places and the final relegation place. Great way to finish off a league season. Best end to a season since 1989.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Good result for WHam alright but I still see them going down. Bolton have too much spirit to let themselves go down without a fight. Not saying the Ham don't but Bolton have more passion about them, they could maybe finish above Leeds even especially with their final run of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Waylander
    Great way to finish off a league season. Best end to a season since 1989.

:eek: Liverpool fans do thier level best to pretend 1989 never happened. DO NOT mention 1989! Ever! :D

Mike.

Advertisement