Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone going to an eircom League game at the weekend?

• 24-04-2003 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

The big one is obviously on Sunday, Bohs at home to Rovers. A lot of the colour and atmosphere has been taken out of the fixture by the Gardaí, who have decreed that telescopic (they wanted to know what exactly this meant :rolleyes: ) flagpoles will not be allowed inside the ground. What they are going to do if someone should have one outside, however, remains to be seen.

Shels look likely to take the points quite easily away to Drogheda, and St Pat's have a banker at home to Derry City.

After Bohs' 92nd minute 3-2 defeat to Cork in front of a crowd of over 5,500 on Tuesday, the Rovers match is a must win, to avoid slipping 8 points behind Shels at such an early stage. :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

St Pat's have a banker at home to Derry City.

The way they played vs Waterford, a team of U16s would beat them but we signed 4 new strikers or thereabouts.
    Let the relegation dogfight begin :(

Im sure next week vs Shels we will be inspired or slaughtered.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Or maybe inspired but slaughtered. Eamon Collins looks like being the new Pete Mahon, but the news about his Brazilian contacts is positive.

In fairness, maybe Waterford are not going to be the cannon fodder I thought they would be, and might produce a few decent home performances against the big boys.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'm going to Dundalk vs. Athlone Town next Thursday. Not really expecting much from Dundalk this year though. :D

Dundalk are supposed to be doing something with the stadium soon, a good promotion push would get it going again, but they look terrible at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Bateman
    Dundalk are supposed to be doing something with the stadium soon, a good promotion push would get it going again, but they look terrible at the moment.
    Yeah, hopefully so, it's a dreadful spot. And on top of that as you said, dreadful football. But hopefully they'll get out of the mess they are in.

BTW... that match was on last night, I missed it! LOL. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for Cobh on the 8th of May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

If there was any game on in Cork this weekend I'd be going. I would recommend anyone to try live football instead of televised soccer. No comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen 2nd half of Pats game, Derry were awful usually they play well in Richmond they did in the 1st half but 2nd half Pats slaughtered them.
    Normally when your team wins 4-1 you get excited but Derry were just plain awful.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Derry were just plain awful.
    Good, hope they stay awful for another while.

I can see Derry going down this season, and I can also see them letting the league down in Europe. God help us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Anyone know how much the tickets to Tolka park are?

The match this friday against Pats looks attractive.

X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

It's a tenner for adults anyway.

ten and five (kids) for tolka or something like that

bohs rovers is always the biggest derby in the traditional sense, but pat's shels draws a big crowd these days, should be a good game, i'll be hitching home from waterford tiomorrow night...:ninja:

Advertisement