Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nearly killed again today....

Options
  • 24-04-2003 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

On my way back to base this evening, I was driving from Carrick-on-suir towards Portlaw on the southside of the river and some silly bint was overtaking a car coming towards me, it was all brakes and horn plus flashing lights for good measure. Lucikly metal did'nt meet metal.

The driver was in her late 40s I'd guess, unfortunatly I did'nt cop what she was driving but it was Far Eastern and white. I'll be keeping my eye out for her tomorrow....:mad:

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

So who blinked first, Mike? Did she go back behind or was it a tight squeeze through?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

That road is lethal, I cycle it quite a lot when I'm out training, and have on more than one occasion have had near misses with boy racers, trying to race each other and catch air over that hump backed bridge. One of em nearly landed on me coming over that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by DMC
    So who blinked first, Mike? Did she go back behind or was it a tight squeeze through?

She blinked and slotted behind the (two) cars ahead of her.

I never blink!

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yeah that road is a bit of a death trap alright..

that whole area around Carrick on Suir seems to be teeming with
    boy racers.. have they nothing better to do with their time?????

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Nearly killed again today....

So when you say again...does that not maybe give the impression that YOU'RE the dodgy driver?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Kaimera
    So when you say again...does that not maybe give the impression that YOU'RE the dodgy driver?

er no, it indicates I drive 50,000 miles a year so I see a lot of "action" usually in the wesht. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

Was down in Cork last week working and in the space of 4 hours on the road I had 7 near misses... 6 of which were cars pullin out without looking and only 2 were tourists and the other was some muppet overtaking on a corner on a hump!

Really glad of my new brake pads, but reckon the next car will definitely be ABS with loads of airbags..... the number of near misses is climbing dramatically!

Advertisement