Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small addition...

Options
  • 24-04-2003 7:36pm
    Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭

This may already be on the boards but if it is its well hidden.

Any chance of a small bit of code incorporated to tell how many users are online with you?

I'd like to know how many people are on while I am, would give me and idea as to how likely it is for me to recieve a reply to my posts etc.

Maybe up around the area where it says who is browsing that particular forum?
    The only way I currently have of finding how many are online would be to go into each forum quickly and tot up the amount of users :) .

Thats it, thnx.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/online.php?s=

I love this site always something really clever hidden away.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/

look down the bottom tbh.

Although, even just a tiny bit of code somewhere, maybe in the subbed dropdown, saying something like "There are currently X members online" would be a nice gesture :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Thats what I meant seamus :D . Maybe I didn't make myself clear, thnx.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're redesigning the front page to be radically more useful for the users :)

I'll ask Regi to include something like this maybe when he's doing it.

DeV.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Thank you :D .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by DeVore
    radically more useful for the users :)

Radically eh? made me laugh anyway...

Advertisement