Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i-stream settings

Options
  • 24-04-2003 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭

Guys,

I'm trying to set up a wireless router with my i-stream dsl connection. However it won't connect. The only settings I think I need still are the VCI and VMI (I think) settings, if I use the defaul it wont connect... Anyone know?

I rang eircom and (surprise) they didn't know..

Help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

The info you will need from eircom.net is
    VPI (Virtual Path Identifier) 8
    VCI (Virtual Channel Identifier) 35
    Login Name ******
    Password *******
    Type of Multiplexing LLC
    Type of Encapsulation PPPoE
    It’s auto DNS/DHCP for your IP
    some of your setting might be diff so you
    You can check the info by ringing the tech ling at
    1800 460 260
    you need to have adsl installed when ringing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Thanks for that..

I tried getting the number for the tech line from eircom... They told me there wasn't one..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

James Melody:
    is there any chance you could give a name + price for your wireless choice , as i ordered i-stream and i'm thinking of going wireless... thanks.

Was given an actiontec wireless gateway from a supplier... Seems to be the best so far.... So easy to set up... Great..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

Did you manage to get the actiontec working? I've got one, but am having a bit of difficulty and would sure appreciate the settings you used.

Amby

• Advertisement

Run the setup wizard on the disk. It will auto config everthing. Just enter in the correct VCI and VPI as opposed to the defaults.

James, sorry to ask again, but could you ever check what model your Actiontec is? It's on the reverse (mine is R1524SU-1).

It's not that I can't install or follow the wiz, but I'm getting nowhere.
    Netsource confirm my setup is OK, and so did Actiontec support. They have escalated up the line, and now that has gone back from the states to Europe. The reckon the problem is that the model I have can't be configured for LLC, so the may have to request a firmware upgrade. I'd be really interested if yours was the same and worked, with what settings.

Amby:(

Yeah... It's the same model..... I just ran the setup wizard and changed the settings..

My firmware version is 1.0.0.51.13-R1524SU-1.

Spot on!

So it works on Eircon and not on Netsource.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kevinof

I got a Linksys 54G (wrt54g) and got it setup on the starter pack in minutes. It doesnt have a built in modem but I wanted it that way. Works really well around the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement