Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could Ac beat Inter on away-goals?

• 24-04-2003 8:19pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

was just thinking about this despite the fact that both matches will take place in the San Siro which is both teams respective home grounds if the results were

Inter 1 Ac Milan 1
    Ac Milan 0 Inter 0

would Ac go through on away goals into the final?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yes, Yes they would. As even though they are playing in the same stadium, each match will as always be treated as a home and away fixture same as it currently is in their league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

for the home game each team will get a greater amount of ticket allocation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Of course away goals would be used, each team will just be the designated home/away team in each leg.

for the home game each team will get a greater amount of ticket allocation?

Yea, that's the way the league derbies work anyway, afaik. But if you ask me, AC Milan should get 95% of it seeing as it's their stadium :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

yes they can of course win on away goals. it might actually come to that as the two teams are very similar tactically and in ability.
    I think it'll all boil down to how close Inter are to Juve in the league when the semi's come round, Inter will be gagging to win the league after having it robbed from them last season by Juve. So they might even rest some players for the remaining league games. I could be wrong of course, it's not unknown to occur!
    :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Both teams have requested to Uefa to change the ticket allocations to allow 50% split of total sales so there should be 50-50 fans.

What a bloody good idea as no team will lose out on cash as its still a home and away payment thing.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

But if you ask me, AC Milan should get 95% of it seeing as it's their stadium :)

I always thought the stadium was owned by the city of Milan and rented out to the two clubs, I do not think either team owns it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The Milan Comune (Municipality) bought the ground off AC Milan in 1935 and up to 1990 were charging both clubs 7% of their gate-reciepts to use it.

One can only assume that the arrangement still exists til this day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I knew it was something like that. Most continental stadia are similar in that they are owned by local government and not by the football club concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I'd imagine that it would just be treated like any other game. One team will be considered "home" for the first leg, and the other for the second. Season tickets/away fan tickets will be arranged thus.

The two should be excellent games, worth looking forward to.

Of course the 50-50 split thing makes sense, the atmosphere will be class.

Originally posted by Waylander
    I always thought the stadium was owned by the city of Milan and rented out to the two clubs, I do not think either team owns it.

The stadium was a gift to AC by the Pirelli tyre company in the 1920's. Still owned by them to the best of my knowledge.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PiE
    The stadium was a gift to AC by the Pirelli tyre company in the 1920's. Still owned by them to the best of my knowledge.
    It's true that Pirelli helped them get the ground in August 1925. But AC do not own the San Siro (unless they bought it back some time in the last decade?)

Strangely hard to find info on the web about it. All the sites just give general details like when it was built, renovations etc.

From http://www.sansiro2001.de/sansiro/san_siro_stadion.html(a Bayern Munich site funnily enough):
    "In 1935 Milan bought the ground from the local council and three years later decided to enlarge it."

Anyway, it's more AC's than Inter's as they only started playing there after WWII :]

Originally posted by PiE
    "In 1935 Milan bought the ground from the local council and three years later decided to enlarge it."
    Hmm, no offence but I got my info from Simon Inglis's book 'the football grounds of Europe' and considering he's pretty much the world expert on stadia I'll take his info over an unsourced cut+paste article on a Bayern Munich fansite.

Advertisement