Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There seems to be some confusion

Options
  • 21-05-1998 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I am being crucified for the below post.
    I am not moaning in it.
    Nor am I being overly critical.
    I am merely bringing a huge problem to the attention of the admin. I thought that was what he was there for?
    nothing I say in it is wrong or offensive.
    I dont even curse
    Thats a first!
    and I m still being torn a[art on IRC over it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Of course youre being torn apart about it. Maybe you were asleep while the servers were taken down last week. The problem with the servers is a long-going one, and Conor tries his best in his spare time to fix it. They will be fixed when he nails down the problem. In the meantime play somewhere else or put up with it I'm afraid.

Z.

: I am being crucified for the below post.
    : I am not moaning in it.
    : Nor am I being overly critical.
    : I am merely bringing a huge problem to the attention of the admin. I thought that was what he was there for?
    : nothing I say in it is wrong or offensive.
    : I dont even curse
    : Thats a first!
    : and I m still being torn a[art on IRC over it!

: I am being crucified for the below post.
    : I am not moaning in it.
    : Nor am I being overly critical.
    : I am merely bringing a huge problem to the attention of the admin. I thought that was what he was there for?
    : nothing I say in it is wrong or offensive.
    : I dont even curse
    : Thats a first!
    : and I m still being torn a[art on IRC over it!

Shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Obi

: Shut up.

oh f*ck off Reaper.
    And take your ignorant bo**ox thoughts with you

: Of course youre being torn apart about it. Maybe you were asleep while the servers were taken down last week.

Nope I wasn 't asleep two weeks ago when he got the idea into his head. Since when did ppl go throwing wobblers because they felt they where unappreciated?
    The way I see it, the lag on the quake.ie Quake2 servers is at least double that of UK rivals. I don 't know how it is for q1 servers, but surely if it 's the same, then it makes sense to take one set of servers down to improve the other [ if that would indeed happen ]
    theres a million reasons why the q2 servers should be killed in favour of q1 servers.

The problem with the servers is a long-going one, and Conor tries his best in his spare time to fix it. They will be fixed when he nails down the problem.

This is something I know, but since they have been put back up, I have been unable to string even a halfhour of half-decent pings together. I was just trying to be 100% sure that Conor/Vishnu knew just how bad it really is.

In the meantime play somewhere else or put up with it I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, it looks like I 'll have to go annoy the Brits now for a while until he can get this sorted.
    These things happen:)
    It really isn 't a case of putting up with it I 'm afraid ; I 've tried that for the last fortnight with little and no success.
    BTW Z, thanks for a fairly reasonable answer, more that Reaper could manage:)
    Obi/Dream
    ....just call me Lamer Of The Year.....

: Z.

: : I am being crucified for the below post.
    : : I am not moaning in it.
    : : Nor am I being overly critical.
    : : I am merely bringing a huge problem to the attention of the admin. I thought that was what he was there for?
    : : nothing I say in it is wrong or offensive.
    : : I dont even curse
    : : Thats a first!
    : : and I m still being torn a[art on IRC over it!

:Since when did ppl go throwing wobblers because they felt they where unappreciated?

Like what your doing now?

: The way I see it, the lag on the quake.ie Quake2 servers is at least double that of UK [snip, yada yada]

When I had Q1, lag prevented me from accessing anything other then local servers. Since Q2, if I find it laggy/full/empty on one server I move to another server. There's thousands of them out there, and they are nearly all playable.

It's pretty obvious quake.ie are having problems with the servers, and I'm sure they know as well. But this is proberly the worst time in the year to start asking people to do stuff.

: theres a million reasons why the q2 servers should be killed in favour of q1 servers.

You obviously haven't been playing Q2 very long have you :P

• Advertisement

: : Shut up.
    : oh f*ck off Reaper.
    : And take your ignorant bo**ox thoughts with you

No, shut up or I'll damage you.

: : : Shut up.
    : : oh f*ck off Reaper.
    : : And take your ignorant bo**ox thoughts with you

: No, shut up or I'll damage you.

ahahahahahaha
    try acting your age every now and again mate
    acting your age - SEE : Don 't mouth off all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Obi

: :Since when did ppl go throwing wobblers because they felt they where unappreciated?

I 'm not throwing a wobbler because i fell unappreciated:)
    I dont do anything to DESERVE appreciation to start with Hobbes, you know that:~)

: When I had Q1, lag prevented me from accessing anything other then local servers. Since Q2, if I find it laggy/full/empty on one server I move to another server. There's thousands of them out there, and they are nearly all playable.

which is exactly my point. We have loads of servers @ our disposal. The q1ers use mainly the quake.ie servers to my knowledge. SO it makes sense to sacrifice the q2 servers if it will significantly aid the q1 servers' performance!

: It's pretty obvious quake.ie are having problems with the servers, and I'm sure they know as well.

Just making sure they do!

But this is proberly the worst time in the year to start asking people to do stuff.

: : theres a million reasons why the q2 servers should be killed in favour of q1 servers.

: You obviously haven't been playing Q2 very long have you :P

hahahaha:)
    obi

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I love the quake.ie quake2 servers, I get better pings there
    than any other servers anywhere so stop moaning and get a decent ISP.
    btw we don't care about your pings.

Advertisement