Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipconfig & win98se

Options
  • 24-04-2003 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭

On a quest to fix (one of) my beloved PC from the problem here I recall that about the only thing remaining from megaLAN that I changed/installed on my PC was that my ipconfig entry gained another network adapter.

I now have 2 (0 & 1). 0 is empty (ie. 0.0.0.0, etc) and interface 1 has the info that interface 0 should have. I sincerely doubt the above has anything to do with why my mouse now decides to do what it does, but on the off-chance ...

Anway, I've tried running the ipconfig /release 'interface n' command but it doesn't seem to do anything. Does anyone know how to actually get rid of the additional interface under win98se?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

winipcfg is the actual ipconfig UI for Win98se :)

Try doing the whole Control Panel --> Network --> Adapters to remove your erroneous interface.

I'd personally just reinstall tbh :)

Advertisement