Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Laptop €1499

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

What's in today's independent? Won't b able 2 get my hands on one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

the laptop offer from lidl.

it's being advertised in a few other papers aswell.

its a sweeeet deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

What I got was a tower not a laptop. And I got it in the Tougher once in Cork. Judging from the interest here alone, I would advise to be there early ... before they open at 9!!! Observe feeding frenzy in action ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

There's obviously huge demand for these lap tops why the hell don't they ship more of them? Aren't they shooting themselves in the foot only having 1 or 2 to sell in each store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

????? Any one get one. ?????

My mate in ballina got one this morning. the shop had five in total.
    there had been a few people waiting since 5am. He got the forth laptop, lucky man. He's well happy with it. says it looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Oxidise

i know elexes got one. He said it was good, hopefully he will bring it into work. :) You listening E?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i am and on it atm looks nice all but and silver ill get a camera in work 2mor and take a pic r somthn . but looks good there is a good bit of software with it also which i didnt expect just have to see if i can remove the lisence from this machine ( legitly ) to give to another as some of it i will have no use for at all . tis class tho . hdd seems to make some noise maby just for warming up r somthn like that but dose look class will be installing cs tonight onto it and see how it runs on this . nice 15.1 screen . looks fairly classic if ya ask me is a bit loud .

some things i dont like all the ports for it are located on both sides and not at the back
    the firewire is the small type one ( is that the 6 pin r 4 hmmm)
    i seem to be lacking the ir port . its not mentioned n the bios. so i might have to invest in a blue tooth adaptor for my mobile for it .

60 gig hdd is split in 2 5 gigs going to the resteration software.( ill be getting rid of that soon enough ) seems to be plenty of breathing space for it under the laptop the fan seems to only come on when needed so nice and quiet . keyboard feels nice but different to my old one so that will take some getting use to .

came with 2 expansion slot cards for reading those cards that are comming with camera's/mp3 players .

2 usb 2. ports at back . one monitor and para port also at back . keyboard and s-vid connections to the right side along with the dvd combo drive. just notised no floppy drive ... a well i never used them

right side takes the power and the lan cable along with the expansion slot .

as for the software well the main pieces that ppl will want to know about is ms word with works came with it along with a few other's on a dvd . nero 5.5 , win xp home , panda anti virus software , pinicale version 8.1 ,power dvd , some sound studio software . but all in all it be lovely ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

If anybodys interested, they went on sale today in Athlone i think, or so the leaflet thingy said so :). Might have some left tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Oxidise

Sounds like a nice one E, can't wait to have a look at it tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭lukin

A mate of mine bought one yesterday, we uninstalled the Panda software and put Norton on instead.
    Just one thing though: those flash cards, how do you access them? I presume you need some software but there doesn't seem to be any.
    Also the HD is only 50 GB. Still plenty big enough but it did say 60 on the specifications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You sure its only 50gb? Your not getting confused by the formatting/partitions are you? I mean obviously you will never get 60gb of space on a 60gb drive.. more like about 58 or possibly less. There might be a hidden partition with backup software. See what fdisk says if you boot off a floppy.

the hdd is a 60 6 gigs taken up to a resteration file or somthing. well thats what it is calling itsself .

the 2 card readers do not need software they will appear as a 2nd/3/4/5th hdd

just found the ir port on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How did people purchase them? They dont take credit card and i find it impossible to get to a bank... i dont have a laser card, im not sure what the limet on them is even...

So has anyone tried any games on it yet?

cash cash and cash ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Originally posted by lukin
    Just one thing though: those flash cards, how do you access them? I presume you need some software but there doesn't seem to be any.

Lukin

They are only flash card readers or adapters. Just something to plug your cards into. Then, plug the whole thing in and they show up straight away as another drive.

Think I have a few compact flash cards knocking around here somewhere. Might be only 4 or 8 Mb versions but I'll check and let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

how long are you guys getting on the battery generally

brought it onto a train for about 40 mins played gra3 all the way home . batt after was at about 75% ill have a look tonight

Advertisement