Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica anyone?

• 24-04-2003 11:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭

Can someone tell me who else is playing at the dublin gig besides linkin park?it says it starts at 3 so that means its on all day.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The Deftones are playing also.

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

I heard there were three other bands, but until dregin-x posted nobody had been able to tell me who they were!! There hasn't been as much hype about the gig as I would have expected!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Deftones and Mudvayne are playing

it's going to be the same as the summer sanitarium tour in the states without Limp Bizkit and maybe somebody like the Lostprophets or somebody else added.

my only problem is having to see the excellent Deftones in the middle of the day, and not headlining a gig. They should play a special small gig, at my house

I've checked the Deftones and Mudvayne sites and they don't list the Dublin date!! They just have the American sanitarium tour listed!! Does anybody have a link to a site that actually confirms they're playing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'm not particularly fussed about who else is playing.

I'm there to see the boys themselves, although the Deftones would be nice I must admit! I'm also going to kick back with an ice-cold frosty pint of beer in the blazing sun whilst laughing at all of the baby-goths trying to get served alk0h0l at the beer tent

BWWUAAHAAHAAA

• Advertisement

There'd better be blazing sun now Lemming, you've my hopes up, if not I'll have to hunt you down:D

As long as I see Metallica, I'll suffer anything, Linkin Park are tolerable but I'd still like to know who else is playing though:p

Originally posted by Samara
    There'd better be blazing sun now Lemming, you've my hopes up, if not I'll have to hunt you down:D

heh .... promises promises Samara ;)

/me contemplates a rain-dance now ...

http://entertainment.ie/music/default.asp

deftones are down there, I remember seeing Mudvayne listed somewhere else but I can't remember, I'm not really bothered about them.

As long as I get to see Deftones I will be happy

I'll sleep easy tonight now that's confirmed :D Cheers Dermo

/Me hogties Lemming to avoid all rain dancing :D

/Me hogties Lemming to avoid all rain dancing :D

delightfully kinky are we?? ..... hehe :p

Back on topic ... cheers Dermo, I'd not seen it anywhere about the Deftones confirmed either. I'd heard it off reputable sources, but never official.

• Advertisement

Deftones on entertainment ireland have been replaced by 'the darkness'. Does that mean no deftones??? Anybody know??
    2fm also reported the darkness are opening the gig

I heard a completely unsubstantiated rumour today that Linkin park have pulled out but haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere on the web.

Can anybody shed any light on the latest developments with the gig? It's hard to find much detail anywhere on it!

Deftones on entertainment ireland have been replaced by 'the darkness'. Does that mean no deftones??? Anybody know??
    2fm also reported the darkness are opening the gig

I heard a completely unsubstantiated rumour today that Linkin park have pulled out but haven't been able to find anything about it anywhere on the web.

Can anybody shed any light on the latest developments with the gig? It's hard to find much detail anywhere on it!

it looks very doubtful that Deftones or Mudvayne will be playing now :(

The doors open at 3pm apparently which means there should be about 5 bands or so probably 6. I see The Darkness are down as openers now, with Linkin Park then Metallica ending the gig. That leaves a few spots in between. This gig is part of the whole Reading thing which most probably means that only bands playing Reading would be down to play. This could mean a host of big bands eg. System of a Down, Staind. But I doubt they will add another big band, and will settle for smaller bands. Check the reading/leeds line-ups and take your guesses

System were amazing at Ozzfest. I was all set for Reading...then it sold out :| Twud be class but I can't see them below sh!tin park on the bill and I doubt they would like to be moved side ways to make way for System.Triple headliner???mmmm never seen one of those.Not all on the one day anyway.

Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

Although I think it was Chester Linkin Park who confirmed that the Deftones would be playing, I believe that was impulsive.
    Neither Deftones or Mudvayne have not been announced for the Reading Festival thus far, so I wouldn't count on them making an appearance. This isn't the Summer Sanitarium Tour.

Although Limp Bizkit is now possible. After pulling out of the Download Festival in the UK and Rock AM Ring/IM Park Festival in Germany, they have promised to return to Europe in late August to make up for the cancelled appearances. They may announce an appearance at the show to tie in with the Summer Sanitarium Tour, so watch out.

So far the Darkness is the only band confirmed. From Reading and Leeds, I would imagine Godsmack, Lostprophets and /or Staind to be added to the lineup (because Staind aren't as big as they were in their peak).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

It's a pity about the Deftones and Mudvayne, they'd be a lot better than some of the **** we could get............

Lost Prophets - one of the worst live bands I've seen, and I've seen plenty
    Godsmack - saw them on the TV a while back live on Jay Leno or something like that, they were brutal - might have been pissed or something.........

there's so much crap on the Reading bill though, it's scary.........there's enough good Metal bands around for them to get some over here for the day........

Dunno if days clash or what but I reall want to see AFI. They're one my favourite bands right now. To be honest (due to money being "none") I don't have much of their stuff, mainly only of compilations, but anything I've heard has blown me away every time.
    The video for "Days of the Phoenix"2 is a classic..

Dregin

Advertisement