Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst game ever?

• 24-04-2003 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Certainly one of them, but I cant wait for Seville anyway!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

Who cares! Boavista got what they deserved! Well done Celtic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yes dreadful dreadful game I can't believe I actually watched it. Well done to Celtic and it would be nice to see them win in Seville (it would help if they could actually string some passes together as well!!!).

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

When I saw the thread title I thought you were asking what the worst game ever was. Think I will answer anyway, Ireland v Eygpt in Italia 90. The game leapt into my head as soon as I saw the thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

game was rotten.

score was......FANTASTIC

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There was 90 minutes of my youth I'm never going to see again. At least I was able to laugh a bit when I remembered Dunphy mentioning that John Hartson would fit in better in the Phoenix Park. Truly dreadful football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I was helped through it by switchin every now and again to eurosport where they had the snooker.

Celtic's midfield was brutal. The whole object of having midfielders is so they can create play but Celtic won't do much of that until they learn to pass.

Brilliant result though and theydeserved it after the way Boavista played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Jake303
    Worst game ever?
    You said it! That game was worse than being forced to watch 10 Liverpool home matches back to back.

Still, on the bright side at least Boavista and their shameful tactics didn't get to the final. I'm not a celtic supporter but I was laughing my ass off at the portuguese team as they scrambled for a goal in the last 10 minutes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Terrible game but great result.

Expect a lot more in the final from Celtic as Im sure Porto will be conifident they can by attacking Celtic which should make for a good open game.

If any celts hear of any tickets available I am looking for three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i would like to congratualate heinrick larson on getting through to the final of the uefa cup.

im not so sure about that celtic team though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

And to think Martin O'Niell is rekoned by more than a few to be just what Liverpool need....

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Jake303

Originally posted by bucks73
    Terrible game but great result.

Expect a lot more in the final from Celtic as Im sure Porto will be conifident they can by attacking Celtic which should make for a good open game.

If any celts hear of any tickets available I am looking for three.

Think its gonna be real tough to get tickets beyond the official allocation!
    With the game being played on the Iberian penninsula I reckon the demand for tickets from the Porto supports will be massive.
    :(

Im thinking of going anyway just to be in the city.
    I mean lets face it, it could well be another 30 years before Celtic make it to another Euro final
    :D

Advertisement