Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of the latest gamecube deals ?

Options
  • 25-04-2003 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

as the title says - todays pay day, so i think i'll treat myself.

I'm guessing Smyths ? but is anywhere else doing good deals ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Xtravision are doing the Metroid Fusion + Cube pack for 160 yoyos.

Can't beat that ...

GAME do the Metroid Pack + one of the free games from the last promotion for 199

Happy shopping - buy me one too, will ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Bought me the Metroid pack in Xtravision last night!
    Unfortunately I didn't think to get a memory card so I couldn't play the game.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

im off now to get it shortly - most of the xtra visions i called didn't have it stock, but i found one near by that does. I think then this evening, its off to smyths to pickup some games and a memory card.

went to 3 xtra vision stores - all sold out - off to blanch to find one tonight !

got it finally last night, metroid pack and bought a memory card, another joypad and a copy of smash bros melee. Well happy - now roll on zelda and mariokart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Me been too busy playing Metroid all weekend to log on to PC!
    Awesome game - must say I really love the controller.
    Must get back and kill that beetle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have a question regarding Smyths 3 for 2 dealie.

I've preordered Zelda (roll on Friday!) and will probably use the 3 for 2 offer to get some other games. Ikaruga and Burnout 2 are out the following week (9th May). Will Smyths allow me to get them as part of the deal (if I paid up front, obviously)? They'd mark them down in the book as being ordered by me (paid), and I'd just collect them on the 9th.

Has anyone done this before?

- Dave.

metroid is a fine game, and i must say the joypad is great, so much more comfortable than the PS2 joypad. I am truly surprised by this machine.

TmB - dunno dude, if smyths will allow you, but i'm sure you'll find out - question is though, will you bother to play the other 2 games, once you get Zelda ?

And zelda is out on friday ?? great !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

the only fault i have with metroid prime is that you cant strafe left or right. Surely they could have used the second joystick for this purpose.......still though when you lock on to someone or just hold the L button you can kinda do it so i suppose that'll have to do................otherwise its ,as mentioned many times before, fukking brilliant....

Advertisement