Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best method for dvdtodivx conversion

• 25-04-2003 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Having problem to convert dvd to divx have tried flaskmpeg and some other conversion tools ran into some difficulty output was never what I wanted

please advise

thanks fubby.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Gordian Knot
    ... simple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

look over at http://www.everwicked.com/content/DivX_5_Guide/ for all you need to know :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

2 programs
    dvd2avi
    and
    virtual dub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

KAPLOW!!!

you only need two things... smart ripper, and Flask.
    forget Gordian snot... its overcomplicated muck if you're not very experienced.

and not forgetting the Advanced Bitrate Calculator...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wish

Well
    If u have linux I find dvd::rip to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I find Gordeans Knot with XviD (I perfer open source) to be excellent for all my _backups_.

If you want to fully open source then you ncan do the sound in OGG Vorbis ;)

http://www.doom9.org is the best reference for doing DivX/XviD imho. What I'd recommend is that you save the HTML files for the relevant guides, give them an initial reading over and then follow them in detail as you progress through the setup/encode. You'll get good quality and less mess-ups if you proceed that way.

And also if you're willing to put up with poor quality then don't bother doing it as theres more than enough idiots out there already ;)

Advertisement