Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Comic Book Day!

Options
  • 25-04-2003 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Just to let you all Know that Free Comic Book Day is coming up on May 3rd, with free comics being given out in certain comic shops.

If you have a look at http://www.freecomicbookday.com/ it has full details about the day and using the store locator I found out that the 3rd Space, and Forbiden planet are taking part in Dublin and in Cork Other Realms are taking part.

I phoned to confirm that they were taking part but could only get through to the 3rd space in Dublin and Other Realms in Cork.

Address's are:

Cork:
    OTHER REALMS
    4, CAREYS LANE
    CORK CITY
    CORK
    IRELAND
    Phone: 353214222224

Dublin:
    THE THIRD SPACE
    UNIT 3, SPRINGER YARD
    CROW STREET
    DUBLIN
    IRELAND
    DUBLIN 2

Just as a side line I have always found the 3rd space guys very helpfull, so even if you don't get in on the 3rd of May you should check them out some time.

Gamb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Was just about to post up about this...

It's The Third Place <not Space>... typo on the site too. Hell they have two options for Dublin: Dublin and Dunblin???!

Yeah... there's Keenspot collection and a Slave Labour collection with something by Vasquez <drool in anticipation... go on>. Let's hope FP or 3rd Place have em eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Other Realms in cork have loads of stickers about FCBD around the place. The site has Forbiden Planet down as one of the stores so i say they are doing it.

Is Sub-City still around, because i am going up to Dublin soon and found that to be the best comic shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yep, Sub-City is alive and well - I've always found it to be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Do any of ye know the name(S) of any good comic book stores in London as I will be over there on FCBD but don't want to miss it!

Go to diamondcomics.com or the FCBD website and use the store locator, it'll list all the comic shops in a specific area.

Bear in mind that it's only a select few comics that are being given away for free.

• Advertisement

Forbidden Planet is taking part, but Sub City isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Thanks NekkidBibleMan!

I've found one or two near where I'll be stayin' might be nice just to pop in anyway and have a gander!

Ta!

A.M
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Amz you could try Forbidden Planet in London if its still there. I think its on New Oxford Street. (Note the "New" part well, walking up and down Oxford Street looking for a shop that isn't there will take a lot out of you, I learned the hard way).

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

me wonders if sub-city in galway are going it?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

If the one is dublin isn't then I doubt the one in Galway is. I wonder why they aren't.

• Advertisement

So... the day of running into The Third Place, grabbing comics and running away has come and gone.... what did people think of the comics on offer?

Tbh I've only read bout 3 of the ones I got ... some good, some bad... I probably wouldn't have bought them but the ones I've read are mostly available online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Originally posted by imp
    Amz you could try Forbidden Planet in London if its still there. I think its on New Oxford Street. (Note the "New" part well, walking up and down Oxford Street looking for a shop that isn't there will take a lot out of you, I learned the hard way).

}:>

i was in FP in London years ago and as Imp says its way up Oxford st and then to the left somewhere, not actually on Oxford st itself

question? where the hell is the 3rd place? what is it near?

It's in Temple Bar, just off Dames Street. Crowes Street, I think it's called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Gaffo

Just around the corner from Temple Bar Music Centre. Its between there and Luigi Malone's restaurant. It used to be a shop that sold hemp products aswell.

3rd Place is where Flying Pig used to be. If that's any help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 orbital_ems

Orbital Comics in central London will be participating in the Free Comic Book Day Event.

It's also better to come early to avoid disappointment. Last year they had run out of all the best ones by 3pm! But i've been told they've got even more comics to give away this year because they'll be adding their own stash of comics for free.

Here's their website www.orbitalcomics.com

Orbital Comics
    148 Charing Cross Road
    London WC2H 0LB
    Tel. 0207 2407672

Nearest Tube: Tottenham Court Road Station (northern line) exit 4/5 - i think. You'll end up at the top of charing cross road, centre point behind you. Walk out, don't do a left but continue walking and the first thing you'll see on your left is a Mr Toppers (hairdressers). Next to it in the basement is Orbital Comics. Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 aniana

That was pretty cool...

Advertisement