Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

downloading windows media streams for offline viewing

Options
  • 25-04-2003 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's possible to download streamed windows media files for offline viewing? Any bits of hackware out there that will do this. Obviously you can't just do right-click/save as as the server only gives you a pointer.

Same thing with realmedia files (.ram), I'd like to be able to download them as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's a piece of software called ASF Recorder that should do the job for some windows streamed files. I don't know if it works for the newer ones.
    Streambox VCR (could have the name slightly wrong, it's been a while) will do for RM files.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Streambox VCR will work okay for both - I use it for both formats. I don't know whether a link to it would be considered 'warez-like', so check your PM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Managed to find it and a few others like it on the web. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

K.oriordan,

Did you try this one:
    StreamBox VCR Suite v2.0 ?

It looks good. A very good idea. Lemme get this straight. Utilities like these can download patchy video from the net, cache it locally and combine together as an .avi (or whatever) output for you to watch later ? Commendable.

Advertisement