Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a puppy

Options
  • 25-04-2003 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for small puppy for my kids.
    Preferably a labrador.
    Wife and kids love animals and cant seem to find anyone witha puppy ,must be a puppy as im wary of a larger animal being around the kids.

if anyone knows anyone in Dublin area with puppies I can give it a good home we have a large back garden and live beside a large public park (about 30 feet form house).

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Contact PAWS in Kildare.They usually have puppies around this time of year.If you want Ill ring a friend who does some charity work for them and get back to you on Monday.Or check the stickies in the forum.Theres a few Labrador breeders names there.
    Richie.

********edit******
    OOOPs I left Labrador off that list.
    Ill get the list of breeders for you tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

Contact Theresa in Saggart Pound, she has many many needing good homes, im sure one of them will be right :)

her no is:01-4589088

B

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Looking for small puppy for my kids.
    Preferably a labrador.
    Wife and kids love animals and cant seem to find anyone witha puppy ,must be a puppy as im wary of a larger animal being around the kids.

Will you still be wary in a years time when that labrador puppy becomes that larger animal?? Maybe you should get a smaller breed?.......oh and take out pet insurance. I never did and the dog (lab/red setter cross) has been on steriods for a chronic skin condition for the last 8 years from when she was 1, visits to the vet once or twice a month. Now on arthritis medicine......oh and diagnosed with diabetes in january. Hundreds a year up till now and since the diabetes, between the insulin, needles and vets bills for that, over €1000 since Jan!!! 'IF ONLY' we took out insurance 9 years ago!!!! In saying that we love the pooch to bits and she's worth every penny.

Get them a goldfish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Keep him for a year, then canal him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

That's what I've done with my last three dogs - they're simply not cute enough once they get past a certain age

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by Calibos
    I never did and the dog (lab/red setter cross) has been on steriods for a chronic skin condition for the last 8 years from when she was 1, visits to the vet once or twice a month. Now on arthritis medicine......oh and diagnosed with diabetes in january. Hundreds a year up till now and since the diabetes, between the insulin, needles and vets bills for that, over €1000 since Jan!!! 'IF ONLY' we took out insurance 9 years ago!!!! In saying that we love the pooch to bits and she's worth every penny.

Ever hear of natural selection? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Well kids are very young so the idea is to get both Dog and kids grow with each other from early age.

Whens he bigger hes bigger but for now they need a small dog.

kdjac

Advertisement