Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest to go for?

Options
  • 25-04-2003 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm sure this may have been asked already. Maybe?? :confused:

Being a student, I'd be a heavy d/l'er and was wondering what is the absolute cheapest method of connecting to the 512 line??

I'd have to have unlimited downloads and be able to connect my 4 computers in my house to play online games and listen to my di.fm

I'm confident in computers; software and hardware but still I'd only consider myself as a novice so would self install be easy enough for anyone to do?

I have an 8 port hub so all I'd need is probably the modem and maybe a firewall device!

Any tips for a new comer guys and gals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

um u do know u live in ireland right

honestly m8 theirs only 1 company with no d/l cap thats netsources and you cant connect 4 pc,s with them as far as i know thats against their rules could be wrong

and its not cheap either (kinda) 66 euro a month 220 or their abouts to install

so good luck m8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Sugar, I didn't know netsource didn't allow multiple computers on there line, I was soo gona buy it! But I guess there is no other option!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I'm quite sure you can connect 2 pc's using NetSource (Via)... I intend to, using
    Netgear DG814 modem/router.:)

And I assume if you can connect 2, you can connect 4, given the right equipment, etc.

See this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92226

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I've my house networked with my hub, can I not just connect using it and a normal dsl modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I guess so...?

I ain't no techy expert... but from what I've read here, I think you can.

I want my 2 pc's to be able to be independently online... ie. to have one fully shut down while the other is online sometimes... that's why I'm gonna be using that router-modem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement