Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downgrade to analog: What happens the second number?

Options
  • 25-04-2003 8:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

I'll need to be downloaded to analog when I get DSL, and it's just struck me that I may lose the second number bound to my ISDN connection. Anyone know what happens here? Do I have to reinstate it as a separate line, or will this be done automatically? Will I lose the number?

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Yep, you will lose the second number AFAIK it would be worth checking if there is some way to keep it as a diverted number but I doubt it. You will likely need a second PSTN line

Ryan

Speaking from experience, you will definitely lose the second number.
    Make sure you specify which number you want to keep, probably your original one.
    You cannot have two numbers, unless you have a second line rentalor ISDN.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,638 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

If you want, you can pay eircom to forward the number, tis will cost the same as a basic pstn line rental.

If your line is a former PSTN that got a hi-speed upgrade, i think they will force you to take the old pstn number...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

If you still want to use it as a seperate number you will have to get another line installed ... €129.99

If you just want calls that would have come from that number to be diverted to your main line... €40 setup + standard line rental (not 100% on the installation) AND you pay for the cost of the forwarded call.

If you want to setup a voice mail for the other number, it is €40 setup + €8 a month. You can set it to say "This number has changed to blah de blah" so you save on line rental & cost of the forwarded call.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thank you all.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement