Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My taskbar has disappeared!(Win XP)

Options
  • 25-04-2003 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I am running XP Pro.. Turned on machine today, and my taskbar seems to have disappeared for no apparent reason.. Had a look in control panel, and auto hide etc. definitely isn't on. When I unlock the taskbar, a horizontal line appears at the bottom of the screen (almost like the taskbar is "minimised"). When I mouse over this, i get a resize cursor (and right-clicking gives the same context-menu as the taskbar), but trying to resize it has no effect. When I lock the taskbar again, the line disappears.

When I press the Windows key, the start menu appears in the upper left corner of the screen (it would usually be in the bottom left).

If I log in as any other user, the taskbar appears as normal.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Any light-shedding would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    Andrew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Sorry if this is an insult to your intelligence but have you tried moving your mouse down to the line until you get the resize cursor, click and hold the left mouse button and drag it up one line?
    If that's not it then try the other three sides of your desktop in case it got dragged there inadvertently.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Manaris

When I mouse over this, i get a resize cursor (and right-clicking gives the same context-menu as the taskbar), but trying to resize it has no effect.

I got it sorted, thanks anyway.. It was a bug in one of MS's latest hotfixes (found some sketchy info on their support site). Did a system restore to before the hotfix was applied and all is well again.

Advertisement