Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i know if im within range?

Options
  • 26-04-2003 12:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

How do i know if im within range? Does anyone have like a map of the area's where its avaible? Does anyone know if its avaible around the dungarvan/cappoquin area in waterford?:ninja:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

Sorry, but my psychic powers aren't in great form at this hour :p.

Um, within range of whom/which service?

Best bet going on info given would be to call the company directly. They can either do a line check or a line-of-sight check and tell you for sure.

<edit>Let me be the first to welcome you to boards ;) May you learn much and have lots of fun :D

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by Popa
    How do i know if im within range? Does anyone have like a map of the area's where its avaible? Does anyone know if its avaible around the dungarvan/cappoquin area in waterford?:ninja:

If you are looking for DSL, you can check availability here. If it is available and your line passes the test you can use either Netsource (featuring unlimited traffic and fixed ip number and only 2 month commitment) or eircom or ESATBT to sign up. The latter two are not flat rate - if you are ( or become) a heavy user (eg listening to broadband radio, downloading tonnes of software, or watching TV or videos or gaming) keep away from eircom or ESATBT. Light users who don't use VPNs (virtual private networks) are probably just as well served by any of the three - ie it then becomes a matter of price and cancellation notice period if you want to dump them.

If you are after wireless or cable broadband, contact the service provider in your area or visit their website.

zz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭zz03

Originally posted by oneweb
    Sorry, but my psychic powers aren't in great form at this hour :p.

Um, within range of whom/which service?

You could get a job with eircom! :D

zz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Popa

Thanks lads, I'm gonna use the internet mostly for gameing so should i go with net sourse? At the moment im with ESATBT.

P.S. Im sure ill have lots of fun here:p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

At the moment Netsource is the only offering with interleaving turned off...(should give better ping times for gaming)...it's also uncapped.

Welcome to the board btw....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

how do u get netsource to think ur a business?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by clansman
    how do u get netsource to think ur a business?

You put on your best suit clobber before you phone them of course! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

mmm
    so they dont look for a business number or vat number or any thing like that....

well if thats the case i'll go get my suit...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

They dont care if you are not a business.. you do have to get a domain name with them (part of price) so make up a name.. hell it might be a cool name and you can sell it maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by MadsL
    At the moment Netsource is the only offering with interleaving turned off...(should give better ping times for gaming)...it's also uncapped.

Esats Business adsl has always had interleaving off and afaik all the RADSL resellers (and possibly eircoms own) have interleaving off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

http://register.iol.ie/broadband/index.html

That's the cheapest ADSL package you can get in Ireland at the moment as long as you stay below 5 gigs a month in data transfer (otherwise Netsource is better value).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Am I being too suspicious by thinking that most people will get:

"Thank you for your enquiry. IOL Broadband is available in your area" when then try that link, but fail the line check? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Dustaz, this damn interleaving is too confusing...

Can you confirm the following;

Netsource OFF
    Eircom ON
    Esat Business OFF
    Esat Old Residential OFF(?)
    Esat Radsl (eircom) OFF(?)

Why the hell do eircom refuse to offer the choice then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Eircom ADSL - ON
    Eircom RADSL - Not confirmed

Esat ADSL business - OFF
    Esat ADSL Residential - OFF
    Esat RADSL - OFF

Netsource ADSL - ON
    Netsource RADSL - OFF

Now since esat and netsource resell eircoms radsl, one would assume that eircom have it off, but noone seems to be able to confirm this yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

A Netsource rep told me on Thursday last that ALL of their products had interleaving turned off. Of course, she promised to ring me back and didn't, so strictly speaking Netsource reps are lying scum and can't be trusted. I await proof to the contrary.

adam

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

as regards interleaving.....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93393

for those not keeping an eye on the rest of the forum.

Advertisement