Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confused question

• 26-04-2003 2:50am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if this has been covered as I don't have the time or patience to read everything.
    Basicly where we live we can get a good ariel rte reception but the bbc reception is a bit crappy due to trees in the way. We get the service from the slieve bloom mountains. My father wants to get a satalite alternative, presumable sky digital. What I want to know is apart from sky digital what other digital services is there and what can you pick up on them. I know you probable get rte but whats available othere as an alternative to an ariel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Basically there are no other digital providers for Ireland. You can pick up free stations from various satellites, but you still need a box and so on to do that. Of the terrestrial channels you can get RTÉ 1, Network 2, TV3, TG4, BBC1 and BBC2 currently on all sky packages. Then you pay for whatever 'add-ons' you want.

See http://www.sky.com/skycom/packages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Basically there are no other digital providers for Ireland. You can pick up free stations from various satellites, but you still need a box and so on to do that. Of the terrestrial channels you can get RTÉ 1, Network 2, TV3, TG4, BBC1 and BBC2 currently on all sky packages. Then you pay for whatever 'add-ons' you want.

See http://www.sky.com/skycom/packages

That link is for UK packages which wont have RTE, is'nt there a list on ICDG?

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Perhaps you could get cable/MMDS from NTL/Chorus.
    It is cheaper but much more hassle.

You get RTE etc. BBC 1&2, (ITV,CH4 (not on SKY)) and a few other extra channels like E4(I think)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Originally posted by charlie2000
    u r confused dumdum

I see we have mastered the art of self description!
    Very good, you deserve a gold star:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are some EU providers who will knowningly sell sat subs to Ireland:
    BBC World for BBC Prime: About 100Euro a year Viaacess, Hotbird.
    ABSat: (Not just XXX but other packs too) From 13 Euro a month.

Other provider packs can be bought , but they don't market here.

The Digibox won't work with ANY pay provider other than Sky.

RTE1/NET2/TV3/TG4/BBC1NI/BBC2NI are NOT on every Sky pack.

Shamefully there are at leat 3 packs cheaper than "Family Pack" that do not have any of our "Free" Irish stations.

This (and prices) is currently outside the control of RTE and Comreg, due to RTE's ill thought out "secret deal" with Sky giving RTE so called "free carriage" (not free for the RTE viewer / licensnce payer of the the national PBS).

• Advertisement
Advertisement