Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any one else things wwe sucks?

• 26-04-2003 5:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

no offence to the millions of wwe fans out their (and this isnt ment as a flame)

but i really miss wcw i thing wwe is childish basicly emerdale with fighing now and again
    now i admit wcw got bad (very) towords the end but i my eyes never as crap as wwe/f i mean people thing the rock is a good fighter the idoit is good at being a good guy (or bad lately) but sucks so bad at wrestling its funny not only that but the "storys" are really dumbed down if you cant figer it out after 4 seconds theirs something wrong with you ........which always makes me laugh as americans always seems to be taken by supprise by it

their are some good people in it but mostly from shows wwe bought out such as rvd/nash etc and now their bringing back roddy piper :rolleyes: their really scraping the barrel lads

anyone else thing the same

(as i said just my view not a flame)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

and by thing i mean think :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

ofm course there are things about wwe that could do with improving and im not a wwe loyalist but to say it sucks full stop is plain silly - i watch uk, us, jap, mexican etc wrestling and it compares favourably to anything else out there - sure , there are some great indiviuals out there which i would love to see on tv rather that some of the wwe talent, but saying that, the wwe locker room is still of a standard which puts just about every other promotion to shame

- could it be better - yes and i have often criticized wwe but if you genuinely feel it simply sucks and think its far inrerior to late wcw then stop watching - your never going to be pleased and you are most likely one of the many peolpe who enjoy hype and spectacle during the wrestling is cool&trendy to like era as opposed to a wrestling fan ( and those are very diferent things)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

I think saying it sucks is a little harsh, i certainly think it could be better, but ultimitely with the current situation where there's no real competition for them they seem to be resting on their laurels a bit.
    The upcoming 'Hard-Split' may either send them even further downhill or make things a lot better. For those of you who don't know the planned hard split is to divide the 12 ppv's into 4 raw only ppvs and 4 smackdown only ppv's with the core ppvs(wrestlemania,royal rumble, summer slam and king of the ring, i think that's it but unless they're gonna bring back the old survivor series format, 4v4 i assume they're the 4 they're keeping) remaining a joint event. I reckon this'll help to bring on some proper long running fueds instead of the 3 week ones at the moment, they seem to be on the right lines with the reformation of proper stables which has been missing for a few years.
    Ideally they'd drop a some of the dead weight, bring back the IC title(maybe as a cross brand title?) and push the tag team situation harder.

things ain't the best in wwe, but i still watch both shows every week(raw seems to be improving slowly but surely)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Oh my god....

Suddenly this board has become over run by people looking to cause an arguement. What happened to everyone disgussing and LOVING wrestling. No one on this board has any respect for wrestling. From people actually excited with happiness that Edge broke his neck to people saying Jeff Hardy is not, and has never been talented.

Granted, the WWE has bad periods, but the stuff everyone says about it is just making me angry. Ok... with out WWE, there would be no WCW, oh... and did u ever watch WCW?

How can u say WWE is like an episode of Emerdale? WCW was a disgrace to professional wrestling! The cruiser weights were a high light, and IMO from 1992 to 1995, they kicked ass (Oh the days of ITV WCW Saturday mornings).

Im not saying you guys are wrong... I respect everyones opinion, this is simply my own... But I personally will always be a follower and patron of WWE, and continue to support it, through good times... and bad, even if they make Steiner the champ(good jeez-us forbid)

:)

hanza...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Prundic

WWE needs to get the arse in gear if there is to be another 'Attitude' type era.Otherwise,it's downhill all the way and eventually there will be no WWE.It's sad to see the way it is now.:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement