Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with TV Eye

• 26-04-2003 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭

I have a TV Eye on the set in the bedroom. It has stopped responding to the R/C (which works on my main TV). The signal is getting through as the TV shows the selection from the main control, and changes when I change downstairs. I plugged out the TV Eye and there does not seem to be anything loose or missing. There is no light on the LED on the Eye. Should there be, when the Eye has its connection to the Digibox but not plugged into TV? I can't see it when it is plugged in, and will move the set if it is supposed to be lit only when plugged in.
    Is there anything else I should try, or should I just buy a new Eye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bmg

to test the eye take it downstairs and plug it directly into the connector marked rf2.on remote press 'services-4-0-1-select-4'and make sure rf power supply is set to 'on'.
    if led is still not lit then link-eye is faulty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Thanks, BMG - this helped a lot. Eye lit up on direct plug-in to Digibox, so this pointed to cable. Checked and tightened connectors. Replaced Eye, and bingo. Thanks again.

Advertisement